Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Improved Charger Interoperability
- USB (CDP) Emulation
- Smart CDP
- Foolproof CDP
- Meets New USB Battery Charging (BC) Revision 1.2 Specification
- Backward-Compatible with Previous USB BC Revisions
- Meets China YD/T1591-2009 Charging Specification
- Supports Standby-Mode Charging for Apple BC Revision 1.2 Compatible Devices
- USB (CDP) Emulation
- Provide Greater Application Flexibility
- I2C Controls Multiple Modes (MAX14640/MAX14651)
- CB0 and CB1 Pins Control Multiple Automatic and Manual Charger States
- Enhance Performance with High Level of Integrated Features
- Supports Remote Wake-Up
- Low-Capacitance USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Switch to Change Charging Modes
- Automatic Current-Limit Switch Control
- ±15kV ESD Protection on DP/DM
- Minimize PCB Area
- 2mm x 2mm, 8-Pin TDFN Package
- Laptop/Desktop Computers
- Universal Chargers Including iPod®/iPhone®/iPad®
- USB Hubs
The MAX14640–MAX14644/MAX14651 are next-generation USB 2.0 host charger adapter emulators that combine USB Hi-Speed analog switches with a USB adapter emulator circuit.
The MAX14640/MAX14651 feature an I2C interface to fully configure the charging behavior with different address options. The MAX14641–MAX14644 are controlled by two GPIO inputs (CB1/CB0) and support USB data and automatic charger mode. In charging downstream port (CDP) pass-through mode, the devices emulate the CDP function while supporting normal USB traffic. The MAX14641/MAX14642/MAX14643 have a CEN output for an active-high CLS enable input, and the MAX14644 has an active-low CEN output for an active-low CLS enable input to restart the peripheral connected to the USB host.
The MAX14640–MAX14644/MAX14651 feature 2A high-current autodetect mode. The MAX14641 features 1A high-current forced mode instead of regular DCP mode. The MAX14640/MAX14651 can be configured through I2C to support various dedicated charger modes such as DCP, Apple® 1A/2A forced, or Apple 1A/2A automatic mode.
All the devices support CDP and standard downstream port (SDP) charging while in the active state (S0) and support the dedicated charging port (DCP) charging while in the standby state (S3/S4/S5). All devices support low-speed remote wake-up by monitoring DM, and the MAX14642 also supports remote wake-up in sleep mode (S3).
The MAX14640–MAX14644/MAX14651 are available in an 8-pin (2mm x 2mm) TDFN-EP package and are specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.