Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Improved Charger Interoperability
- USB CDP Emulation in S0 State
- Meets New USB Battery Charging (BC) Revision 1.2 Specification
- Backward Compatible with Previous USB BC Revisions
- Meets China YD/T1591-2009 Charging Specification
- Supports Standby Mode Charging for Apple and BC Revision 1.2-Compatible Devices
- Greater User Flexibility
- CB0 and CB1 Pins Control Multiple Automatic and Manual Charger States
- High Level of Integrated Features
- Supports Remote Wake-Up (MAX14603/MAX14604/MAX14605/MAX14618)
- Low-Capacitance USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Switch to Change Charging Modes
- Automatic Current-Limit Switch Control
- Save Space on Board
- 2mm x 2mm, 8-Pin TDFN Package
- USB Host Data/Chargers including:
-Flat-Panel Displays with USB
-Laptop and Desktop Computers
The MAX14600–MAX14605 and MAX14618 are third-generation USB 2.0 host charger identification devices that combine USB Hi-Speed analog switches with a USB adapter emulator circuit.
The devices support pass-through mode and auto mode. In charging downstream port (CDP) pass-through mode, the devices emulate the CDP function while supporting normal USB traffic. The MAX14600/MAX14603/MAX14605 have a pFET open-drain output (active-low CEN), and the MAX14601/MAX14604/MAX14618 have an nFET open-drain output (CEN) to restart the peripheral connected to the USB host.
All the devices support the CDP and standard downstream port (SDP) charging during the active state (S0) and support the dedicated charging port (DCP) charging during the standby state (S3/S4/S5). The MAX14603/MAX14604/MAX14605/MAX14618 support remote wakeup in standby mode. The MAX14602/MAX14605 offer backward-compatible CDP emulation upgrade to the MAX14566E.
The MAX14600–MAX14605/MAX14618 are available in an 8-pin (2mm x 2mm) TDFN package, and are specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.