Simplified Block Diagram
- ESD Protection for RS-485 I/O Pins
±15kV, Human Body Model
- True Fail-Safe Receiver While Maintaining EIA/TIA-485 Compatibility
- Enhanced Slew-Rate Limiting Facilitates Error-Free Data Transmission (MAX3080E–MAX3085E/MAX3089E)
- 1nA Low-Current Shutdown Mode (Except MAX3081E/MAX3084E/MAX3087E)
- Pin-Selectable Full/Half-Duplex Operation (MAX3089E)
- Phase Controls to Correct for Twisted-Pair Reversal (MAX3089E)
- Allow Up to 256 Transceivers on the Bus
- Industrial Control Local Area Networks
- Level Translators
- RS-422/RS-485 Communications
- Transceivers for EMI-Sensitive Applications
These transceivers typically draw 375µA of supply current when unloaded, or when fully loaded with the drivers disabled.
All devices have a 1/8-unit-load receiver input impedance that allows up to 256 transceivers on the bus. The MAX3082E/MAX3085E/MAX3088E are intended for halfduplex communications, while the MAX3080E/MAX3081E/MAX3083E/MAX3084E/MAX3086E/MAX3087E are intended for full-duplex communications. The MAX3089E is selectable between half-duplex and full-duplex operation. It also features independently programmable receiver and transmitter output phase via separate pins.