Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- ESD Protection: ±10kVHuman Body Model
- Single +5V Operation
- Guaranteed Device-to-Device Skew (MAX3040/MAX3041/MAX3043/MAX3044)
- Pin-Compatible with 'SN75174, '26LS31C and LTC487
- Hot-Swappable for Telecom Applications
- Up to 20Mbps Data Rate (MAX3042B/MAX3045B)
- Slew-Rate Limited (Data Rates at 2.5Mbps and 250kbps)
- 2nA Low-Power Shutdown Mode
- 1mA Operating Supply Current
- ±2kV EFT Fast Transient Burst Immunity per IEC 1000-4-4
- Level 2 Surge Immunity per IEC 1000-4-5, Unshielded Cable Model
- Ultra-Small 16-Pin TSSOP, 16-Pin Narrow SO, and Wide 16-Pin SO
- Handheld Equipment
- Industrial Motor Control
- Industrial PLCs
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Transmitter for ESD-Sensitive Applications
The MAX3040–MAX3045 feature a hot-swap capability that eliminates false transitions on the data cable during power-up or hot insertion. The MAX3042B/MAX3045B are optimized for data transfer rates up to 20Mbps, the MAX3041/MAX3044 for data rates up to 2.5Mbps, and the MAX3040/MAX3043 for data rates up to 250kbps. The MAX3040–MAX3045 offer optimum performance when used with the MAX3093E or MAX3095 5V quad differential line receivers or MAX3094E/MAX3096 3V quad differential line receivers.
The MAX3040–MAX3045 are ESD-protected pin-compatible, low-power upgrades to the industry-standard 'SN75174 and 'DS26LS31C. They are available in space-saving TSSOP, narrow SO, and wide SO packages.