Dual, Quad, and Hex High-Speed Differential ESD-Protection ICs
DescriptionThe MAX3205E/MAX3207E/MAX3208E low-capacitance, ±15kV ESD-protection diode arrays with an integrated transient voltage suppressor (TVS) clamp are suitable for high-speed and general-signal ESD protection. Low input capacitance makes these devices ideal for ESD protection of signals in HDTV, PC monitors (DVI™, HDMI®), PC peripherals (FireWire®, USB 2.0), server interconnect (PCI Express®, InfiniBand™), datacom, and interchassis interconnect. Each channel consists of a pair of diodes that steer ESD current pulses to VCC or GND.
The MAX3205E/MAX3207E/MAX3208E protect against ESD pulses up to ±15kV Human Body Model, ±8kV Contact Discharge, and ±15kV Air-Gap Discharge, as specified in IEC 61000-4-2. An integrated TVS ensures that the voltage rise seen on VCC during an ESD event is clamped to a known voltage. These devices have a 2pF input capacitance per channel, and a channel-to-channel capacitance variation of only 0.05pF, making them ideal for use on high-speed, single-ended, or differential signals.
The MAX3207E is a two-channel device suitable for USB 1.1, USB 2.0 (480Mbps), and USB OTG applications. The MAX3208E is a four-channel device for Ethernet and FireWire applications. The MAX3205E is a six-channel device for cell phone connectors and SVGA video connections.
The MAX3205E is available in 9-bump, tiny wafer-level package (WLP) and 16-pin, 3mm x 3mm, thin QFN packages. The MAX3207E is available in a small 6-pin SOT23 package. The MAX3208E is available in 10-pin µMAX® and 16-pin, 3mm x 3mm TQFN packages. All devices are specified for the -40°C to +125°C automotive operating temperature range.
- Low Input Capacitance of 2pF Typical
- Low Channel-to-Channel Variation of 0.05pF from I/O to I/O
- High-Speed Differential or Single-Ended ESD Protection
- ±15kV-Human Body Model
- ±8kV-IEC 61000-4-2, Contact Discharge
- ±15kV-IEC 61000-4-2, Air-Gap Discharge
- Integrated Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS)
- Optimized Pinout for Minimized Stub Inductance on Controlled-Impedance Differential-Transmission Line Routing
- -40°C to +125°C Automotive Operating Temperature Range
- WLP Packaging Available
- Consumer Equipment
- DVI™ Input/Output Protection
- FireWire® IEEE 1394™ Ports
- Graphics Controller Cards
- High-Speed Differential Signal Protection
- High-Speed, Full-Speed and Low-Speed USB
- PDAs and Cell Phones
- Port Protection
- Set-Top Boxes
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|