Dual 6GT/s SAS/SATA Redriver with Equalization and Extended Temperature Operation
Ruggedized and Robust Redriver with Double the Performance
The MAX14986 dual-channel redriver is designed to redrive one full lane of SAS or SATA signals up to 6.0GT/s (gigatransfers per second) and operates from a single +3.3V supply.
The MAX14986 features independent input equalization and output preemphasis. It enhances signal integrity at the receiver by equalizing the signal at the input and establishing preemphasis at the output of the device. SAS and SATA OOB (out-of-band) signaling is supported using high-speed amplitude detection on the inputs and squelch on the corresponding outputs. Inputs and outputs are all internally 50Ω terminated and must be AC-coupled to the SAS/SATA controller IC and SAS/SATA device.
The MAX14986 is available in a small 28-pin, 3.5mm x 5.5mm TQFN package with flow-through traces for ease of layout. This device is specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended operating temperature range.
- High-Performance Solution Designed to Overcome Lossy Channels
- 3dB of Independent (per Channel) Selectable Input EQ and Output Preemphasis
- Compensates Up to 30in of Channel Losses with Deterministic Jitter: 23psP-P (max); Random Jitter: 1.5psRMS (max)
- 8dB (typ) of Return Loss Up to 3.0GHz
- Designed to Reliably Operate in Harsh Environments
- Industrial Temperature Rated: -40°C to +85°C
- ±2.5kV Human Body Model (HBM) ESD Protection on All Pins
- Housed in a Flow-Through (3.5mm x 5.5mm, 28-Pin) TQFN Package for Resistance to Vibration/Shocks
- Ease of Design and Layout
- Single 3.3V Operation
- Internal Input/Output 50Ω Termination Resistors on All Pins
- Flow-Through Pinout
- Carrier Boards
- Computer on Modules
- Industrial/Embedded PCs
- Medical Equipment
- Rack Server Industrial PCs
- Test Equipment
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|