Single-Lane PCIe Gen III Redriver with Equalization and Extended Temperature Operation
High-Performance PCIe Gen III Redriver in a Robust Design
DescriptionThe MAX14955 dual equalizer/redriver improves PCI Express® (PCIe) signal integrity by providing programmable input equalization. This feature reduces deterministic jitter and redrives circuitry to reestablish deemphasis, which compensates for circuit-board loss at high frequencies. The device permits optimal placement of key PCIe components and allows for longer runs of stripline, microstrip, or cable.
The device contains two identical channels capable of equalizing PCIe Gen III (8GT/s), Gen II (5GT/s), and Gen I (2.5GT/s) signals and features electrical idle and receiver detection.
The MAX14955 is available in a small, 40-pin, 5.0mm x 5.0mm TQFN package with flow-through traces for optimal layout and minimal space requirements. The device is specified over the -40°C to +85°C extending operating temperature range.
- Fully Integrated for Ease of Use and Design Flexibility
- Optimized for PCIe Gen III (8.0GT/s), Gen II (5.0GT/s), Gen I (2.5 GT/s) Compatible
- Four Levels of Input Equalization up to 16dB
- Eight Levels of Output Deemphasis up to 9dB
- High Level of Performance to Overcome Noise in Lossy Channels
- Random Jitter: 0.5psRMS (typ)
- Deterministic Jitter: 7psP-P (typ)
- Equalization Permits Placement Up to 30in FR4
- Robust Solution for Harsh Environments
- Industrial Temperature Rated: -40°C to +85°C
- ±4kV Human Body Model (HBM) Protection on All Pins
- Housed in a Flow-Through (5mm x 5mm) TQFN Package for Resistance to Vibration/Shocks
- Carrier Boards
- Computer on Modules
- Industrial/Embedded PCs
- Medical Equipment
- Rack Server Industrial PCs
- Test Equipment
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|