Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Easy Evaluation of the MAX14906
- Configurable as Type 1/3 or Type 2 Digital Input or High-Side or Push-Pull Digital Output
- SafeDemag™ for Safe Turn-Off of Unlimited Inductance in Digital Output Modes
- Accurate Internal Current Limiter for Type 1/3 or Type 2 Digital Inputs
- Support Load Current Up to 1.2A per Channel
- Works with USB2PMB2# or USB2GPIO# Adapter and Munich GUI Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Proven PCB Layout
- RoHS Compliant
- Configurable Digital Input/Output
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Industrial Digital Output and Input Module
- Motor Control
- PLC Systems
The MAX14906 peripheral module provides the hardware to evaluate the MAX14906 four-channel configurable industrial digital input/output (DIO) device. Refer to the MAX14906 IC data sheet for detailed information regarding the operation of the IC. The module takes advantage of the features in the MAX14906 that allow DOI_ to be configured as a high-side or push-pull digital output, or a type 1/3 or type 2 digital input. The external pMOS on board allows the DOI_ to go higher than the 24V field supply for full IEC 61131-2 digital input compatibility.
Note: The module provides a subset of the MAX14906 features. For greater flexibility, refer to the MAX14906 Evaluation Kit.
The MAX14906PMB# has a 12-pin Pmod™-compatible connector for SPI communication. The peripheral module can be used in various ways; Analog Devices sells the low-cost USB2PMB2# and USB2GPIO# adapter boards that use the Munich GUI software for SPI communication through a USB cable. This is not included with this board but is available from Analog Devices or one of its distributors. Alternatively, any microcontroller or FPGA with a 12-pin Pmod-compatible connector for SPI communication can be used.
The PCB dimension is just 62mm x 22.6mm, with the width determined by the size of the DOI terminal block J2. Figure 1 shows the MAX14906PMB# board photo.