Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Easy Evaluation of the MAX14906 with Per-Channel Configuration
- SafeDemag™ for Safe Turn-Off of Unlimited Inductance in Digital Output Modes
- Configurable for IEC 61131-2 Type 1 and 3, or Type 2 Digital Input
- Support up to 3.75kVRMS Galvanic Isolation with MAX14483 and MAX14937
- Support Communicating with External Microcontroller or FPGA
- Allow Output Switching with High-Speed Parallel Interface or SPI Serial Interface
- Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 Compatible GUI Software
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- RoHS Compliant
- Configurable Digital Input/Output
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Industrial Digital Output and Input Module
- Motor Control
- PLC Systems
The MAX14906 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX14906, a four-channel industrial digital-output, digital-input device. The EV kit allows the MAX14906 to be configured on a per-channel basis as either a digital output (in High-Side switch or Push-Pull driver configuration) or a Type 1 and 3, or Type 2 digital input. The EV kit monitors the MAX14906 diagnostic information, including open-wire condition, state of the output channels, multiple undervoltage alarms, global and per-channel overtemperature alarms, and multiple fault alarms.
The EV kit must be powered from an external 24V DC power supply that can provide up to 6.4A (max), when all DOI_ output channels are fully loaded with the option of 2x load inrush current.
The MAX14906 EV kit communicates with a graphical user interface (GUI) on a PC through a USB port. The EV kit features an on-board FT2232 controller interfacing to the MAX14906 control signals. Alternatively, an external SPI interface from a microcontroller or FPGA can be used through the 20-pin header (J13).
The MAX14906 EV kit comes with the MAX14906ATM+ installed in a 48-pin, 7mm x 7mm QFN package.