Human Body Temperature Sensor
Clinical Grade Temperature Sensor Offers ±0.1°C (max) Accuracy for Thermometer Applications
The MAX30205 temperature sensor accurately measures temperature and provide an overtemperature alarm/interrupt/shutdown output. This device converts the temperature measurements to digital form using a high-resolution, sigma-delta, analog-to-digital converter (ADC). Accuracy meets clinical thermometry specification of the ASTM E1112 when soldered on the final PCB. Communication is through an I2C-compatible 2-wire serial interface.
The I2C serial interface accepts standard write byte, read byte, send byte, and receive byte commands to read the temperature data and configure the behavior of the open-drain overtemperature shutdown output.
The MAX30205 features three address select lines with a total of 32 available addresses. The sensor has a 2.7V to 3.3V supply voltage range, low 600µA supply current, and a lockup-protected I2C-compatible interface that make them ideal for wearable fitness and medical applications.
This device is available in an 8-pin TDFN package and operates over the 0°C to +50°C temperature range.
- High Accuracy and Low-Voltage Operation Aids Designers in Meeting Error and Power Budgets
- 0.1°C Accuracy (37°C to 39°C)
- 16-Bit (0.00390625°C) Temperature Resolution
- 2.7V to 3.3V Supply Voltage Range
- One-Shot and Shutdown Modes Help Reduce Power Usage
- 600µA (typ) Operating Supply Current
- Digital Functions Make Integration Easier into Any System
- Selectable Timeout Prevents Bus Lockup
- Separate Open-Drain OS Output Operates as Interrupt or Comparator/Thermostat Output
|Part Number||Sensor Type||Alarm Output||Functions||Interface||Channels||Accuracy|
|Parasite Pwr.||Temp. Thresh.||Temp. Resolution|
|Overt||Clinical Accuracy Temperature Sensor||2-Wire/I2C/SMBus||One||0.1||No||Programmable||16||0 to +50|
MAX30205EVSYS: Evaluation Kit for the MAX30205
Technical DocumentsApp Note 6951 Take a Weight Off Your Chest with a Wrist-Worn ECG Monitor
Tutorial 6866 Guidelines for Using Contact Temperature Sensors to Add Temperature Measurement to Wearable Products
User Guide 6780 MAXREFDES101# Health Sensor Platform 2.0 User Guide
App Note 6502 How to Measure Body Temperature Using the Health Sensor Platform
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Per-Channel Configurability Enables Wide Range of Applications
- Fault Tolerant with Built-In Diagnostics
- High Integration Reduces BOM Count and PCB Space
|App Note||6951||Take a Weight Off Your Chest with a Wrist-Worn ECG Monitor|
|Tutorial||6866||Guidelines for Using Contact Temperature Sensors to Add Temperature Measurement to Wearable Products|
|User Guide||6780||MAXREFDES101# Health Sensor Platform 2.0 User Guide|
|App Note||6502||How to Measure Body Temperature Using the Health Sensor Platform|