Ultra-Low-Power, Single-Channel Integrated Bioimpedance (BioZ) AFE
Ultra-Low Power, Small Package, Single Channel Integrated Bioimpedance (BioZ) AFE for Fitness and Medical Applications.
DescriptionThe MAX30002 is a complete bioimpedance (BioZ), analog front-end (AFE) solution for wearable applications. It offers high performance for clinical and fitness applications, with ultra-low-power for long battery life. The MAX30002 is a single bioimpedance channel capable of measuring respiration.
The bioimpedance channel has ESD protection, EMI filtering, internal lead biasing, DC leads-off detection, ultra-low-power leads-on detection during standby mode, and a programmable resistive load for built-in self-test. Soft power-up sequencing ensures no large transients are injected into the electrodes. The channel also has high input impedance, low noise, high CMRR, programmable gain, various low-pass and high-pass filter options, and a high resolution analog-to-digital converter. The bioimpedance channel includes integrated programmable current drive, works with common electrodes, and has the flexibility for 2 or 4 electrode measurements. It also has AC lead off detection.
The MAX30002 is available in a 28-pin TQFN and 30-bump wafer-level package (WLP), operating over the 0°C to +70°C commercial temperature range.
- BioZ AFE with High Resolution Data Converter
- 17 Bits ENOB with 1.1µVP-P Noise for BioZ
- High AC Dynamic Range of 90mVP-P Will Help Prevent Saturation in the Presence of Motion/Direct Electrode Hits
- Longer Battery Life Compared to Competing Solutions
- 158µW at 1.1V Supply Voltage
- Leads-On Interrupt Feature Allows to Keep µC in Deep Sleep Mode Until Valid Lead Condition is Detected
- Lead-On Detect Current: 0.63µA (typ)
- High Accuracy Allows for More Physiological Data Extractions
- 8-Word FIFO Allows the MCU to Stay Powered Down for 256ms with Full Data Acquisition
- High-Speed SPI Interface
- Shutdown Current of 0.58µA (typ)
- Impedance Based Heart Rate Detection
- Respiration and Hydration Monitors
- Single-Lead Wireless Patches for In-Patient/Out-Patient Monitoring
|Shutdown Mode Supply Current|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Per-Channel Configurability Enables Wide Range of Applications
- Fault Tolerant with Built-In Diagnostics
- High Integration Reduces BOM Count and PCB Space