Low-Power, Ultra-Accurate 6+3 DoF IMU
The Industry's Smallest and Thinnest 6DoF IMU with Stable and Accurate Gyroscope and Reliable Accelerometer
DescriptionThe MAX21100 is a monolithic 3-axis gyroscope plus 3-axis accelerometer Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) with integrated 9-axis sensor fusion using proprietary Motion Merging Engine (MME) for handset and tablet applications, game controllers, motion remote controls, and other consumer devices.
The MAX21100 is the industry’s most accurate 6+3 DoF inertial measurement unit available in a 3mm x 3mm x 0.83mm package and capable of working with a supply voltage as low as 1.71V.
The MAX21100 can interface an external magnetometer through a dedicated I²C master.
The internal Motion Merging Engine (MME) can be flexibly configured to get the most suitable accuracy power trade-off.
The MAX21100 is available in a 16-lead plastic land grid array (LGA) package and can operate within a temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
- Fully Integrated, Low Power, Motion Merging Engine Performs Accurate 9DoF Sensor Fusion Using Ultra- Fast, Low Power (50μA) Maxim Proprietary Algorithm Providing:
- Quaternion Output
- Gravity and Heading Output
- High Output Data Rate (ODR) for Accelerometer (Up to 2kHz) and Gyroscope (Up to 8kHz)
- Four Selectable Full Scales for Gyroscope (250/500/1000/2000 dps) and Accelerometer (2/4/8/16 g)
- I²C Standard (100kHz), Fast (400kHz), and High-Speed (3.4MHz) Serial Interface—10MHz SPI Interface
- 128 Bytes (64 x 16 Bits) Embedded FIFO with Multiple FIFO Modes
- Unique 48-Bit Serial Number as Die ID
- 5.65mA in Low-Noise Mode and 3.45mA in Eco Mode with MME Active
- 1.2µA Current Consumption in Power-Down Mode
- 45ms Turn-On Time from Power-Down and 4ms Turn-On Time from Standby Mode
- High Stability Over Temperature and Time: Bias Stability of 4°/hr
- High Shock Survivability (10,000g Shock Tolerant)
- Appliances and Robotics
- GPS and Inertial Navigation Systems
- Health and Sports Monitoring
- Motion Control with HMI (Human-Machine Interface)
- Motion-Based 3D Mice and 3D Remote Controls
- Motion-Based Game Controllers
- Optical/Electronic Image Stabilization
Technical DocumentsUser Guide 6192 MAX21100 User Guide
App Note 5854 Overcoming Disorientation: Practical Ways to Assemble MEMS Inertial Sensors
App Note 5604 Soldering Guidelines for MEMS Inertial Sensors
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Per-Channel Configurability Enables Wide Range of Applications
- Fault Tolerant with Built-In Diagnostics
- High Integration Reduces BOM Count and PCB Space
|User Guide||6192||MAX21100 User Guide|
|App Note||5854||Overcoming Disorientation: Practical Ways to Assemble MEMS Inertial Sensors|
|App Note||5604||Soldering Guidelines for MEMS Inertial Sensors|