24V Pin-Configurable Industrial Sensor Output Drivers
Simplify and Shrink Sensor Designs by 25x
DescriptionThe MAX14838/MAX14839 24V/100mA drivers are optimized for use in industrial sensors. These devices integrate all of the high-voltage (24V) circuitry commonly found in industrial sensors, including a configurable PNP/ NPN/push-pull driver and an integrated linear regulator that meets common sensor power requirements.
The MAX14838/MAX14839 are pin-configurable. Logic inputs allow the driver to be configured for high-side (PNP), low-side (NPN), or push-pull operation. An additional input allows the user to select between normally-open and normally-closed logic.
The MAX14838 features an onboard 5V linear regulator, while the MAX14839 features a 3.3V linear regulator.
Each device includes two LED drivers for visual feedback. One LED driver reflects the output logic status and the other is a general-purpose driver that can be used to signal a fault condition.
The DO output, supply (VCC), and ground (GND) pins are reverse polarity-protected and are protected against IEC ESD and surge events.
The MAX14838 and MAX14839 operate from a wide supply range and are available in a 12-pin TDFN-EP package (3mm x 3mm) or a 12-bump wafer-level package (WLP) (2.1mm x 1.6mm) and operate over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- High Configurability Simplifies Design
- Pin-Selectable High-Side (PNP), Low-Side (NPN), or Push-Pull Driver
- Pin-Configurable NO/NC Logic
- Integrated Protection Provides Robust Sensor Solutions
- Reverse-Polarity Protection on DO, VCC, and GND
- 4.75V to 34V Supply Range (MAX14839)
- Driver is Short-Circuit Protected
- Active-Low FAULT Output for Fault Indication
- VCC Hot Plug Protection
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- ±1kV/500Ω Surge Protection
- ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 Air Gap ESD Protection
- ±6kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact ESD Protection
- -40°C to +105°C Temperature Range
- Fast Turn-Off of Inductive Loads Up to 1.5H
- Saves Space on Board
- Available in 12-Pin TDFN-EP (3mm x 3mm) or 12-Bump WLP (2.1mm x 1.6mm)
- Dual Integrated 2mA LED Drivers
- Capacitive and Inductive Sensors
- Industry Binary Sensors
- Proximity Switches
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Per-Channel Configurability Enables Wide Range of Applications
- Fault Tolerant with Built-In Diagnostics
- High Integration Reduces BOM Count and PCB Space