Dual IO-Link Master Transceiver with Integrated Framers and L+ Supply Controllers
Ultra-Low-Power Robust Dual IO-Link Master Transceiver with Integrated Framers
The MAX14819/MAX14819A low-power, dual-channel, IO-Link® master transceiver with sensor/actuator power- supply controllers is fully compliant with the latest IO-Link and binary input standards and test specifications, IEC 61131-2, IEC 61131-9 SDCI, and IO-Link 1.1.3. This master transceiver also includes two auxiliary digital input (DI_) channels.
The MAX14819/MAX14819A is configurable to operate either with external UARTs or using the integrated fram- ers on the IC.
To ease selection of microcontroller, the master transceiver features frame handlers with UARTs and FIFOs. These are designed to simplify time critical control of all IO-Link M-sequence frame types. The MAX14819/MAX14819A also features autonomous cycle timers, reducing the need for accurate controller timing. Integrated establish-communication sequencers also simplify wake-up management.
The device message response delay on the MAX14819A can be disabled when using the frame handler and the MAX14819A features higher L+ thresholds than the MAX14819. The MAX14819A receivers also feature increased high-frequency signal isolation compared to the MAX14819.
The MAX14819/MAX14819A integrates two low-power sensor supply controllers with advanced current limiting, reverse current-blocking, and reverse polarity protection capability to enable low-power robust solutions.
The MAX14819/MAX14819A is available in a 48-pin (7mm x 7mm) TQFN package and is specified over the extended -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Low-Power Architecture
- 1Ω (typ) Driver On-Resistance
- 1.9mA (typ) Total Supply Current for 2 Channels
- Current Limiters with 15mV Sense Voltage
- Integrated IO-Link Framer Eliminates Need for External UARTs
- Integrated Cycle Timer Relieves Microcontroller from Timing-Critical Tasks
- High Configurability and Integration Reduce SKUs
- Two Auxiliary Type 1/Type 3 Digital Inputs
- Supports NPN Sensors
- Dual 24V Sensor Supply Controllers Include:
- Large Capacitive Load Charge Capability
- 2A and Higher Load Currents
- Integrated Protection Enables Robust Systems
- Reverse Polarity Protection on All Interface Pins
- Overvoltage Tolerance on All Interface Pins
- C/Q and DI Fully Compliant with IEC 61131-2
- C/Q Compliant with IO-Link 1.1.3
- Reverse Current Blocking on L+ and C/Q
- 65V Absolute Max Ratings for TVS Flexibility
- Glitch Filters for Improved Burst Resilience
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- IO-Link Gateways
- IO-Link Master Systems
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Per-Channel Configurability Enables Wide Range of Applications
- Fault Tolerant with Built-In Diagnostics
- High Integration Reduces BOM Count and PCB Space