Evaluation Kit for the MAX1464
DescriptionThe MAX1464 evaluation kit (EV kit) is designed to evaluate the MAX1464 high-performance, low-power, low-noise multichannel sensor signal processor. The EV kit includes: an evaluation PCB, the EV board that contains a MAX1464 signal conditioner with a typical application circuit, and potentiometers that act as sensor inputs to the MAX1464; an interface PCB, KEY, which acts as a voltage level translator between the EV kit and the computer; a parallel-port extension cable; plus, supporting software, program examples, and related documentation and application notes.
The DB25 pin connector allows a PC's parallel port to provide the interface. Two Windows®-based software (hardware debugger and control program) provide a friendly graphics user interface (GUI) to utilize the features of the MAX1464, as well as to perform sensor compensation of one device. The Hardware Debugger program includes multiple tabs for accessing relevant registers and ports, writing programs to the on-chip flash memory, downloading flash memory contents into a file, etc. Use the Hardware Debugger program to learn the MAX1464 functions and see the significance of individual registers and ports. The Control program includes functional buttons to have the chip perform a series of predefined lower level operations, such as pushing single buttons to read the ADC. The Control program can be used to perform 2nd-order sensor compensation and calibration.
The EV board can be powered by either a fixed +5V supply or by an +8V to +40V supply that is regulated to +5V by a regulator present on the EV kit board before it is applied to the MAX1464 chip. Jumper JU1 must be set consistently with the used power supply.
Order the MAX1464 EV kit for comprehensive evaluation of the MAX1464 using a PC with an available parallel port.
- Proven PCB Layout
- Windows 98/NT/2000/XP Compatible
- On-Board Potentiometers Act as Sensor Inputs
- Spare Area for Simple-Circuit Breadboarding
- LEDs for Visual Verification
- +5V or +8V to +40V Possible Supply
- Included Interconnect Cables
- Included Additional Samples
- Calibrators and Controllers
- GMR and MR Magnetic Direction Sensors
- Pressure Sensor Signal Conditioning
- Process Indicators
- Thermocouple and RTD Linearization
- Transducers and Transmitters
- Weight Measurement Systems
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Per-Channel Configurability Enables Wide Range of Applications
- Fault Tolerant with Built-In Diagnostics
- High Integration Reduces BOM Count and PCB Space