Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- ±15kV ESD Protection on I/O VCC_ Lines
- Bidirectional Level Translation Without Direction Pin
- I/O VL_ and I/O VCC_ 10mA Sink-/15mA Source-Current Capability
- Slew-Rate Enhancement Circuitry Supports Larger Capacitive Loads or Larger External Pullup Resistors
- 6Mbps Push-Pull/1Mbps Open-Drain Guaranteed Data Rate
- Wide Supply-Voltage Range: Operation Down to +1.2V on VL and +1.65V on VCC
- Low Supply Current in Tri-State Output Mode (3µA typ)
- Low Quiescent Current
- Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- UCSP, TDFN, and TQFN Packages
- Cell Phones
- High-Speed Bus Fan-Out Expansion
- Multivoltage Bidirectional Level Translation
- Open-Drain Rise-Time Speed Up
- SPI™, MICROWIRE™, and I²C Level Translation
- Telecom, Networking, Server, RAID/SAN
The MAX3394E/MAX3395E/MAX3396E feature a tri-state output mode, thermal-shutdown protection, and ±15kV Human Body Model (HBM) ESD protection on the VCC side for greater protection in applications that route signals externally.
The MAX3394E/MAX3395E/MAX3396E accept VCC voltages from +1.65V to +5.5V, and VL voltages from +1.2V to VCC, making them ideal for data transfer between low voltage ASIC/PLDs and higher voltage systems. The MAX3394E/MAX3395E/MAX3396E operate at a guaranteed data rate of 6Mbps with push-pull drivers and 1Mbps with open-drain drivers.
The MAX3394E is a dual-level translator available in 9-bump UCSP™ and 8-pin 3mm × 3mm TDFN packages. The MAX3395E is a quad-level translator available in 12-bump UCSP, and 12-pin 4mm x 4mm TQFN packages. The MAX3396E is an octal-level translator available in 20-bump UCSP and 20-pin 5mm × 5mm TQFN packages. The MAX3394E/MAX3395E/MAX3396E operate over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.