+1.2V to +5.5V, ±15kV ESD-Protected, 0.1µA, 35Mbps, 8-Channel Level Translators
Industry's First Bi-Directional Octal Level Translators
DescriptionThe MAX3000E/MAX3001E/MAX3002–MAX3012 8-channel level translators provide the level shifting necessary to allow data transfer in a multivoltage system. Externally applied voltages, VCC and VL, set the logic levels on either side of the device. Logic signals present on the VL side of the device appear as a higher voltage logic signal on the VCCside of the device, and vice-versa.
The MAX3000E/MAX3001E/MAX3002/MAX3003 use an architecture specifically designed to be bidirectional without the use of a directional pin.
The MAX3000E/MAX3001E/MAX3002/MAX3004–MAX3012 feature an EN input that, when low, reduces the VCC and VLsupply currents to < 2µA. The MAX3000E/MAX3001E also have ±15kV ESD protection on the I/O VCC side for greater protection in applications that route signals externally. The MAX3000E operates at a guaranteed datarate of 230kbps. The MAX3001E operates at a guaranteed data rate of 4Mbps. The MAX3002–MAX3012 operate at a guaranteed data rate of 20Mbps over the entire specified operating voltage range.
The MAX3000E/MAX3001E/MAX3002–MAX3012 accept VL voltages from +1.2V to +5.5V and VCC voltages from +1.65V to +5.5V, making them ideal for data transfer between low-voltage ASICs/PLDs and higher voltage systems. The MAX3000E/MAX3001E/MAX3002–MAX3012 are available in 20-bump UCSP™, 20-pin TQFN (5mm x 5mm), and 20-pin TSSOP packages.
- Guaranteed Data Rate Options
- 230kbps (MAX3000E)
- 4Mbps (MAX3001E)
- 20Mbps (MAX3002–MAX3012)
- Bidirectional Level Translation Without Using a Directional Pin (MAX3000E/MAX3001E/MAX3002/MAX3003)
- Unidirectional Level Translation (MAX3004–MAX3012)
- Operation Down to +1.2V on VL
- ±15kV ESD Protection on I/O VCC Lines (MAX3000E/MAX3001E)
- Ultra-Low 0.1µA Supply Current in Shutdown
- Low Quiescent Current (< 10µA)
- UCSP, TQFN, and TSSOP Packages
- Cell Phone Cradles
- Cell Phones
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- Low-Cost Serial Interfaces
- Low-Voltage ASIC Level Translation
- Portable Communication Devices
- Portable POS Systems
- Smart Card Readers
- SPI™ and MICROWIRE™ Level Translation
- Telecommunications Equipment
|Part Number||Level Transl.||VL|
|I/O VCC State||I/O VL State||ICC|
|MAX3000E||8||1.2 to 5.5||1.65 to 5.5||0.23||High Impedance||6kΩ to GND||10||10||0.1||0.1|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|