SIM/Smart-Card Level Translators in µMAX
Industry's Smallest SIM/Smart-Card Level Translators
DescriptionThe MAX1740/MAX1741 subscriber identity module (SIM)/smart card level translators provide level shifting and electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection for SIM and smart card ports. These devices integrate two unidirectional level shifters for the reset and clock signals, a bidirectional level shifter for the serial data stream, and ±10kV ESD protection on all card contacts.
The MAX1740 includes a SHDN-bar control input to aid insertion and removal of SIM and smart cards, while the MAX1741 includes a system-side data driver to support system controllers without open-drain outputs. The logic supply voltage range is +1.425V to +5.5V for the "controller side" and +2.25V to +5.5V for the "card side". Total supply current is 2.5µA max. Both devices automatically shut down when either power supply is removed. For a complete SIM-card interface, combine the MAX1740/MAX1741 with the MAX1686H 0V/3V/5V regulated charge pump.
The MAX1740/MAX1741 are available in ultra-small 10-pin µMAX packages that are only 1.09mm high and half the area of an 8-pin SO.
The MAX1740/MAX1741 are compliant with GSM test specifications 11.11 and 11.12.
- SIM/Smart Card Level Shifting
- ±10kV ESD Card Socket Protection
- Allows Level Translation with DVCC > VCC or DVCC < VCC
- Automatically Shuts Down When Either Supply Is Removed
- Card Contacts Actively Pulled Low During Shutdown
- +1.425V to +5.5V Controller Voltage Range
- +2.25V to +5.5V Card Voltage Range
- 2.5µA (max) Total Quiescent Supply Current
- 0.01µA Total Shutdown Supply Current
- Ultra-Small 10-Pin µMAX Package
- Compliant with GSM Test Specifications 11.11 and 11.12
- Logic-Level Translation
- SIM Interface in GSM Cellular Telephones
- Smart Card Readers
- SPI™, QSPI™, and MICROWIRE™ Level Translation
|Level Shifters||Package/Pins||Oper. Temp.|
|MAX1740||1.4 to 5.5||2.25 to 5.5||2.5|
|-40 to +85||-|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|