Ultra-Low-Voltage Level Translators
6-Channel Ultra Low Voltage Bi-Directional Level Translators
DescriptionThe MAX13000E–MAX13005E 6-channel level translators provide the level shifting necessary to allow data transfer in multivoltage systems. Externally applied voltages, VCC and VL, set the logic levels on either side of the device. Logic signals present on the VL side of the device appear as higher voltage logic signals on the VCC side of the device, and vice-versa.
The MAX13000E–MAX13005E feature a low VCC and VL quiescent supply current less than 4µA. The MAX13000E–MAX13005E also have ±15kV ESD protection on the I/O VCC side for greater protection in applications that route signals externally. The ESD protection is specified using the Human Body Model (HBM). The MAX13000E/MAX13001E/MAX13002E operate at a guaranteed 230kbps data rate. The MAX13003E/MAX13004E/MAX13005E operate at a guaranteed 20Mbps data rate when VCC > +1.65V.
The MAX13000E/MAX13003E are bidirectional level translators, allowing data translation in either direction (VL VCC) on any single data line without a DIRECTION input. The MAX13001E/MAX13002E/MAX13004E/MAX13005E unidirectional level translators level shift data in one direction (VL VCC or VCC VL) on any single data line. The MAX13001E/MAX13002E/MAX13004E/MAX13005E unidirectional translators' inputs have the capability to interface with both CMOS and open-drain (OD) outputs. For more information see the Ordering Information, Selector Guide, and the Input-Driver Requirements sections in the full data sheet.
The MAX13000E–MAX13005E operate with +0.9V to +3.6V VL voltages and +1.5V to +3.6V VCC voltages. The MAX13000E–MAX13005E are available in 16-bump UCSP™ and 16-pin TSSOP packages, and are specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range.
- Guaranteed Data-Rate Options
- 230kbps (MAX13000E/MAX13001E/MAX13002E)
- 20Mbps (MAX13003E/MAX13004E/MAX13005E)
- Bidirectional Level Translation Without a DIRECTION Input
- Operational Down to +0.9V on VL and +1.5V on VCC
- ±15kV ESD Protection on I/O VCC Lines per HBM
- Low < 4µA Quiescent Current
- Enable/Shutdown Control
- 2mm x 2mm, 16-Bump UCSP and Lead Packaging Options
- CMOS or Open-Drain Outputs Interface Capability
- Cell Phones
- CMOS Logic-Level Translation
- Low-Cost Serial Interfaces
- Low-Voltage ASIC Level Translation
- OD-to-CMOS Signal Conversion
- Open-Drain I/O Translation
- Portable Communication Devices
- Portable POS Systems
- Smart-Card Readers
- SPI™ and MICROWIRE™ Level Translation
- Telecommunications Equipment
|Part Number||Level Transl.||VL|
|I/O VCC State||I/O VL State||ICC|
|MAX13003E||6||0.9 to 3.6||1.5 to 3.6||20||High Impedance||High Impedance||40||40||2||1|
|See All Logic Level Translators (39)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|