Ultra-High CMTI Isolated Gate Drivers
Integrated Isolation with High CMTI to Improve Robustness for SiC Gate Driver
The MAX22700–MAX22702 are a family of single-channel isolated gate drivers with ultra-high common-mode transient immunity (CMTI) of 300kV/μs (typ). The devices are designed to drive silicon-carbide (SiC) or gallium-nitride (GaN) transistors in various inverter or motor control applications. All devices have integrated digital galvanic isolation using Maxim’s proprietary process technology. The devices feature variants with output options for gate driver common pin GNDB (MAX22700), Miller clamp (MAX22701), and adjustable undervoltage-lockout UVLO (MAX22702). In addition, variants are offered as differential (D versions) or single-ended (E versions) inputs. These devices transfer digital signals between circuits with different power domains. All of the devices in the family feature isolation for a withstand voltage rating of 3kVRMS for 60 seconds.
All devices support a minimum pulse width of 20ns with a maximum pulse width distortion of 2ns. The part-to-part propagation delay is matched within 2ns (max) at +25°C ambient temperature, and 5ns (max) over the -40°C to +125°C operating temperature range. This feature reduces the power transistor’s dead time, thus improving overall efficiency.
The MAX22700 and the MAX22702 have a maximum RDSON of 1.25Ω for the low-side driver, and the MAX22701 has an RDSON of 2.5Ω for the low-side driver. All devices have a maximum RDSON of 4.5Ω for the high-side driver. See the Ordering Information for suffixes associated with each option.
The MAX22700–MAX22702 can be used to drive SiC or GaN FETs with different output gate drive circuitry and B-side supply voltages. See the Typical Operating Circuits for details.
All of the devices in the MAX22700–MAX22702 family are available in an 8-pin, narrow-body SOIC package with 4mm of creepage and clearance. The package material has a minimum comparative tracking index (CTI) of 600V, which gives it a group I rating in creepage tables. All devices are rated for operation at ambient temperatures of -40°C to +125°C.
- Matching Propagation Delay
- 20ns Minimum Pulse Width
- 35ns Propagation Delay at Room Temperature
- 2ns Part-to-Part Propagation Delay Matching at Room Temperature
- 5ns Part-to-Part Propagation Delay Matching over -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- High CMTI (300kV/μs, typ)
- Robust Galvanic Isolation
- Withstands 3kVRMS for 60s (VISO)
- Continuously Withstands 848VRMS (VIOWM)
- Withstands ±5kV Surge Between GNDA and VSSB with 1.2/50μs Waveform
- Precision UVLO
- Options to Support a Broad Range of Applications
- 3 Output Options: GNDB, Miller Clamp, or Adjustable UVLO
- 2 Input Configurations: Single-Ended with Enable (E versions) or Differential (D versions)
- Isolated Gate Driver for Inverters
- Motor Drives
- UPS and PV Inverters
|Part Number||Channels||Inputs||Peak Output Current|
|MAX22701E NEW!||1||Single-Ended||3||3000VRMS||300||13||-40 to +125|
Quality and Environmental DataRequest Reliability Report for: MAX22702E
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|