Reinforced, Fast, Low-Power, Four-Channel 3.75kVRMS Digital Isolators
Industry's Fast Low Power Reinforced Digital Isolators
The MAX22344–MAX22346 are reinforced, fast, low-power, 4-channel digital galvanic isolators using Maxim’s proprietary process technology. These devices transferdigital signals between circuits with different power domains, using as little as 0.74mW per channel at 1Mbps (1.8V supply). All of the devices in the family feature reinforced isolation for a withstand voltage rating of 3.75kVRMS for 60 seconds.
The MAX22344–MAX22346 family offers all possible unidirectional channel configurations to accommodate any 4-channel design, including SPI, RS-485, and digital I/O applications. Output enable for the A side of the MAX22345R/S is active-low, making them ideal for isolating a port on a shared SPI bus since the active-low CS signal can directly enable the MISO signal on the isolator. All other output enables in the MAX22344–MAX22346 family are the traditional active-high.
Devices are available with a maximum data rate of either 25Mbps or 200Mbps, and feature a selectable default state for the outputs. The default is the state the output assumes when the input is either not powered or is open-circuit. See the Ordering Information and Product Selector Guide for suffixes associated with each option. Independent 1.71V to 5.5V supplies on each side of the isolator also make the devices suitable for use as level translators.
All of the devices in the MAX22344–MAX22346 family are available in a 20-pin SSOP package with 5.5mm of creepage and clearance. The package material has a minimum comparative tracking index (CTI) of 400V, which gives it a group II rating in creepage tables. All devices are rated for operation at ambient temperatures of -40°C to +125°C.
- Reinforced Galvanic Isolation for Fast Digital Signals
- Up to 200Mbps Maximum Data Rate
- Withstands 3.75kVRMS for 60s (VISO)
- Continuously Withstands 784VRMS (VIOWM)
- Withstands ±10kV Surge Between GNDA and GNDB with 1.2/50μs Waveform
- High CMTI (50kV/μs, Typical)
- Low Power Consumption
- 0.74mW per Channel at 1Mbps with VDD = 1.8V
- 1.4mW per Channel at 1Mbps with VDD = 3.3V
- 3.2mW per Channel at 100Mbps with VDD = 1.8V
- Options to Support a Broad Range of Applications
- 2 Maximum Data Rates (200Mbps, 25Mbps)
- 3 Direction Configurations
- Active-High or Active-Low Enable Inputs
- Pin-Selectable Output Default States (High/Low)
- Battery Management
- Fieldbus Communications for Industrial Automation
- Isolated RS-485/RS-422, CAN
- Isolated SPI Interface
- Medical Systems
|Part Number||Channels||Uni-directional Inputs||Uni-directional Inputs||Uni-directional Data Rate|
|Insulation Rating||Isolation Barrier||Uni-directional Propagation|
|Side A||Side B||max||max||min||max||See Notes|
|MAX22344C||4||4||-||200||3750VRMS||Dual (Reinforced)||10||1.71||5.5||-40 to +125|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|