Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Broad Range of Data Transfer Rates (from DC to 200Mbps)
- MAX22245 with 2:0 Channel Configuration and MAX22246 with 1:1 Channel Configuration
- SMA Connectors for Easy Connection to External Equipment
- Wide Power Supply Voltage Range from 1.71V to 5.5V
- Guaranteed up to 5kVRMS Isolation for 60s
- -40°C to +125° C Temperature Range
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fieldbus Communications for Industrial Automation
- General Isolation Applications
- Isolated RS232, RS485/RS422,CAN
- Medical Systems
- Motor Drive
The MAX22245/MAX22246 evaluation kits (EV kits) provide a proven design to evaluate the MAX22245 and MAX22246, reinforced, two-channel, galvanic digi- tal isolators. Two types of evaluation boards are available to support the MAX22245/MAX22246 family. The MAX22246CWEVKIT# is fully assembled and tested and comes populated with the MAX22246CAWA+ (Figure 1). The MAX2224XWEVKIT# is a generic board which has U1 unpopulated allowing the user to select a device from the MAX22245/MAX22246 family (Figure 2). Both evalu- ation boards support the wide-body 8-pin SOIC package type. See Table 1 for EV kit options.
The EV kits should be powered from two independent isolated power supplies with nominal output voltage in range from 1.71V to 5.5V. For evaluating the electrical parameters of the device without any isolation between the two sides, a single power supply can also be used.
The MAX2224XWEVKIT# comes with U1 unpopulated and supports the following digital isolators: MAX22245BAWA+, MAX22245CAWA+, MAX22245EAWA+, MAX22245FAWA+, MAX22246BAWA+, MAX22246CAWA+, MAX22246EAWA+, MAX22246FAWA+.