Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Broad Range of Data Transfer Rates (from DC to 200Mbps)
- MAX22245 and MAX22290 with 2:0 Channel Configuration, MAX22246 and MAX22291 with 1:1 Channel Configuration
- Support Both Narrow SOIC Package and Wide SOIC Package
- SMA Connectors for Easy Connection to External Equipment
- Wide Power Supply Voltage Range from 1.71V to 5.5V
- Guaranteed up to 5kVRMS Isolation for 60s (MAX2224XW)
- Guaranteed up to 3kVRMS Isolation for 60s (MAX2229XS)
- -40°C to +125° C Temperature Range
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fieldbus Communications for Industrial Automation
- General Isolation Applications
- Isolated RS232, RS485/RS422,CAN
- Medical Systems
- Motor Drive
The MAX22245/MAX22246/MAX22290/MAX22291 evaluation kits (EV kits) provide a proven design to evaluate the MAX22245, MAX22246, MAX22290 and MAX22291, reinforced, two-channel, galvanic digital isolators. Three types of evaluation boards are available to support this family of isolators. The MAX22246CWEVKIT# is fully assembled and tested and comes populated with the MAX22246CAWA+ (Figure 1). The MAX2224XWEVKIT# is a generic board which has unpopulated wide SOIC footprint as U1, allowing the user to install any MAX22245/ MAX22246 variant (Figure 2). The MAX2229XSEVKIT# is a generic board which has unpopulated narrow SOIC footprint as U1, allowing the user to install any MAX22290/ MAX22291 variant (Figure 3). Among the three evaluation boards, devices with either wide-body 8-pin SOIC package or narrow-body 8-pin SOIC package are supported. See Table 1 for EV kit options.
The EV kits should be powered from two independent isolated power supplies with nominal output voltage in range from 1.71V to 5.5V. For evaluating the electrical parameters of the device without any isolation between the two sides, a single power supply can also be used.
The MAX2224XWEVKIT# comes with U1 unpopulated and supports the following digital isolators: MAX22245BAWA+, MAX22245CAWA+, MAX22245EAWA+, MAX22245FAWA+, MAX22246BAWA+, MAX22246CAWA+, MAX22246EAWA+, MAX22246FAWA+, MAX22245BAWA/V+, MAX22245CAWA/V+, MAX22245EAWA/V+, MAX22245FAWA/V+, MAX22246BAWA/V+, MAX22246CAWA/V+, MAX22246EAWA/V+, MAX22246FAWA/V+.
The MAX2229XSEVKIT# comes with U1 unpopulated and supports the following digital isolators: MAX22290BASA+, MAX22290CASA+, MAX22290EASA+, MAX22290FASA+, MAX22291BASA+, MAX22291CASA+, MAX22291EASA+, MAX22291FASA+, MAX22290BASA/V+, MAX22290CASA/V+, MAX22290EASA/V+, MAX22290FASA/V+, MAX22291BASA/V+, MAX22291CASA/V+, MAX22291EASA/V+, MAX22291FASA/V+.
Note: When ordering the MAX2224XW EV kit, request a sample of the desired MAX22245 or MAX22246 isolator IC that can be soldered to the PCB. When ordering the MAX2229XS EV kit, request a sample of the desired MAX22290 or MAX22291 isolator IC that can be soldered to the PCB.