Six-Channel Digital Isolator
Industry's First Monolithic 600VRMS Digital Isolator
The MAX14850 is a six-channel digital isolator utilizing Maxim's proprietary process technology, whose monolithic design provides a compact and low-cost transfer of digital signals between circuits with different power domains. The technology enables low power consumption and stable high-temperature performance.
The four unidirectional channels are each capable of DC to 50Mbps, with two of the four channels passing data across the isolation barrier in each direction. The two bidirectional channels are open drain and each is capable of data rates from DC to 2Mbps.
Independent 3.0V to 5.5V supplies on each side of the isolator also make it suitable for use as a level translator. The MAX14850 can be used for isolating SPI busses, I2C busses, RS-232, RS-485/RS-422 busses, and general-purpose isolation. When used as a bus isolator, extra channels are available for power monitoring and reset signals.
The MAX14850 is available in a narrow body,16-pin SOIC (10mm x 4mm) package (for which an evaluation kit is available) and 16-pin QSOP (3.9mm x 4.94mm) package. The packages are specified over the -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
For improved performance, refer to the MAX14851. The MAX14851 has the same functionality and pin configurations, and can be used as a footprint and functional replacement for the MAX14850.
- Protection from High-Voltage Environments
- 600VRMS Isolation for 60 Seconds
- Short-Circuit Protection on Unidirectional Outputs
- 200VRMS Working Isolation Voltage for 50 Years
- Complete Digital Isolation Solution
- Four Unidirectional Signal Paths: 2-In/2-Out
- Two Bidirectional Open-Drain Signal Paths
- 50Mbps (max) Unidirectional Data Rate
- 2Mbps (max) Bidirectional Data Rate
- Compatible with Many Interface Standards
- RS-232, RS-422/RS-485
- SMBus, PMBus Interfaces
- Battery Management
- I²C, SPI, SMBus, PMBus™ Interfaces
- Industrial Control Systems
- Isolated RS-232, RS-485/RS-422
- Medical Systems
- Telecommunication Systems
|Part Number||Channels||Uni-directional Inputs||Uni-directional Inputs||Bi-directional Channels||Uni-directional Data Rate|
|Bi-directional Data Rate|
|Insulation Rating||Uni-directional Propagation|
|Side A||Side B||max||max||max||max||min||max||See Notes|
|MAX14850||6||2||2||2||50||2||600VRMS||30||100||3||5.5||-40 to +125|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|