Four-Channel, Fast, Low-Power, 5kVRMS Digital Isolators
Industry's Fast Low Power Digital Isolators
The MAX14434–MAX14436 are the fastest, lowest power, 4-channel, digital galvanic isolators on the market today using Maxim’s proprietary process technology. These devices transfer digital signals between circuits with different power domains while using as little as 0.58mW per channel at 1Mbps with a 1.8V supply. The MAX14434/5/6 have an isolation rating of 5kVRMS for 60 seconds.
The MAX14434–MAX14436 family offers all three possible unidirectional channel configurations to accommodate any 4-channel design, including SPI, RS-232, RS-485, and digital I/O applications. Output enable for the A side of the MAX14435R/S/U/V is active-low, making them ideal for isolating a port on a shared SPI bus since the CS signal can directly enable the MISO signal on the isolator. All other devices in the family have the traditional active-high enable.
Devices are available with a maximum data rate of either 25Mbps or 200Mbps and with outputs that are either default-high or default-low. The default is the state the output assumes when the input is either not powered or is open-circuit. See the Ordering Information for suffixes associated with each option. Independent 1.71V to 5.5V supplies on each side of the isolator also make the devices suitable for use as level translators.
The MAX14434–MAX14436 are available in a 16-pin wide-body SOIC package with 8mm of creepage and clearance. The package material has a minimum comparative tracking index (CTI) of 600V, which gives it a group 1 rating in creepage tables. All devices are rated for operation at ambient temperatures of -40°C to +125°C.
- Robust Galvanic Isolation for Fast Digital Signals
- 200Mbps Data Rate
- Withstands 5kVRMS for 60s (VISO)
- Continuously Withstands 848VRMS (VIOWM)
- Withstands ±10kV Surge between GNDA and GNDB with 1.2/50µs waveform
- High CMTI (50kV/µs, Typical)
- Low Power Consumption
- 1.1mW per Channel at 1Mbps with VDD = 3.3V
- 3.5mW per Channel at 100Mbps with VDD = 1.8V
- Options to Support a Broad Range of Applications
- 2 Data Rates (25Mbps, 200Mbps)
- 3 Channel Direction Configurations
- 2 Output Default States (High/Low)
- Battery Management
- Fieldbus Communications for Industrial Automation
- General Isolation Application
- Isolated RS-485/RS-422, CAN
- Medical Systems
|Part Number||Channels||Uni-directional Inputs||Uni-directional Inputs||Uni-directional Data Rate|
|Insulation Rating||Uni-directional Propagation|
|Side A||Side B||max||max||min||max||See Notes|
|MAX14434F||4||4||-||200||5000VRMS||10||1.71||5.5||-40 to +125|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|