Four-Channel, Fast, Low-Power, 3kVRMS and 3.75kVRMS Digital Isolators
Industry's Fast Low Power Digital Isolators
DescriptionThe MAX14430–MAX14432 are fast, low power, 4-channel, digital galvanic isolators using Maxim’s proprietary process technology. These devices transfer digital signals between circuits with different power domains while using as little as 0.58mW per channel at 1Mbps with a 1.8V supply. The MAX14430–MAX14432 have an isolation rating of 3kVRMS (QSOP package) or 3.75kVRMS (narrow SOIC package) for 60 seconds. For applications requiring 5kVRMS of isolation, see the MAX14434-MAX14436.
The MAX14430–MAX14432 family offers all three possible unidirectional channel configurations to accommodate any 4-channel design, including SPI, RS-232, RS-485, and digital I/O applications. Output enable for the A side of the MAX14431R/S/U/V is active-low, making them ideal for isolating a port on a shared SPI bus since the active-low CS signal can directly enable the MISO signal on the isolator. All other devices in the family have the traditional active-high enable.
Devices are available with a maximum data rate of either 25Mbps or 200Mbps and with outputs that are either default-high or default-low. The default is the state the output assumes when the input is either not powered or is open-circuit. See the Ordering Information and Product Selector Guide for suffixes associated with each option. Independent 1.71V to 5.5V supplies on each side of the isolator also make the devices suitable for use as level translators.
The MAX14430–MAX14432 are available either in a 16-pin narrow-body SOIC package with 4mm of creepage and clearance, or in a smaller 16-pin QSOP package with 3.8mm of creepage and clearance. The SOIC package material has a minimum comparative tracking index (CTI) of 600V, which gives it a group 1 rating in creepage table. The QSOP package material has a minimum CTI of 400V, which gives it a group 2 rating in creepage table. All devices are rated for operation at ambient temperatures of -40°C to +125°C.
- Robust Galvanic Isolation for Fast Digital Signals
- Up to 200Mbps Data Rate
- Continuously Withstands 445VRMS (VIOWM)
- Withstands 3.75kVRMS for 60s (VISO) Narrow SOIC Package
- Withstands 3kVRMS for 60s (VISO) QSOP Package
- Withstands ±10kV Surge between GNDA and GNDB with 1.2/50µs Waveform Narrow SOIC Package
- Withstands ±7.5kV Surge between GNDA and GNDB with 1.2/50µs Waveform QSOP Package
- High CMTI (50kV/µs, Typical)
- Low Power Consumption
- 1.1mW per Channel at 1Mbps with VDD = 3.3V
- 3.5mW per Channel at 100Mbps with VDD = 1.8V
- Options to Support a Broad Range of Applications
- 2 Data Rates (25Mbps, 200Mbps)
- 3 Channel Direction Configurations
- 2 Output Default States (High/Low)
- Two Packages (Narrow SOIC and QSOP)
- Battery Management
- Fieldbus Communications for Industrial Automation
- Isolated RS-485/RS-422, CAN
- Isolated SPI Interface
- Medical Systems
|Part Number||Channels||Uni-directional Inputs||Uni-directional Inputs||Uni-directional Data Rate|
|Insulation Rating||Uni-directional Propagation|
|Side A||Side B||max||max||min||max||See Notes|
|MAX14430B||4||4||-||25||3750VRMS||35||1.71||5.5||-40 to +125|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|