The MAX14001/14002 evaluation system (EV system) provides the hardware and software necessary to evaluate the MAX14001 and MAX14002 isolated, single-channel, analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) with programmable voltage comparators and inrush current control optimized for configurable binary input applications. The MAX14001/ MAX14002 EV kit has Pmod™ compatible connectors for SPI communication. The EV system includes the USB2PMB2 adapter board that receives commands from a PC through the USB cable to create an SPI interface for communication between the software and the MAX14001/MAX14002 on the EV kit.
The EV system includes a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication between the target device and the PC. The MAX14001/MAX14002 EV kit has two MAX14001/MAX14002 devices (U1 and U2) that can operate in multiple modes, as shown in Figure 1:
- Single Channel mode: The USB2PMB2 adapter connects to connector PMOD1 or PMOD2 on the EV kit, depending on which channel is preferred, allowing differently configured analog inputs with signal conditioning circuitry.
- Daisy-Chain mode: The USB2PMB2 adapter connects to connector PMOD1, and DOUT from U1 connects to DIN of U2. Both U1 and U2 are controlled from a single SPI interface.
- Dual Channel mode: The USB2PMB2 adapter connects to connector PMOD1 and uses two chipselect signals (CS1 and CS2) to control each chip through a single connector/GUI interface.
- Easy Evaluation of the MAX14001/MAX14002
- EV Kit is USB Powered
- Daisy-Chainable SPI Interface
- Internal Voltage Reference or External Voltage Reference
- Half-Wave Input Rectification Filter or Full-Wave Input Rectification Filter
- Windows XP®, Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Proven PCB Layout
- RoHS Compliant
- Distribution Automation
- High-Voltage Binary Input (12V–300V)
- Industrial Control, Multi-Range, Digital Input Modules with Individually Isolated Inputs
- Substation Automation
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|