3.12Gbps GMSL Serializer for Coax or STP Output and HDMI Input
Serializer Enables Use of Coax Cables, Reducing Weight and Cost of Cabling in Automotive Infotainment
DescriptionThe MAX9291B/MAX9293B GMSL serializers convert an HDMI input to a gigabit multimedia serial link (GMSL) output for transmission of video, audio, and control signals over 15m or more of 50µ coax or 100µ shielded twisted-pair (STP) cable. The MAX9293B has HDCP content protection, but is otherwise the same as the MAX9291B. The serializers pair with any GMSL deserializer capable of coax input. When programmed for STP output, the serializers are backward compatible with any GMSL deserializer. The output amplitude is programmable 100mV to 500mV single-ended (coax) or 100mV to 400mV differential (STP).
The audio channel supports L-PCM I²S stereo and up to eight channels of L-PCM in TDM mode. Sample rates of 32kHz to 192kHz are supported with sample depth up to 32 bits.
The embedded control channel operates at 9.6kbps to 1Mbps in UART-to-UART and UART-to-I²C modes, and up to 1Mbps in I²C-to-I²C mode. Using the control channel, a µC can program serializer, deserializer, and peripheral device registers at any time, independent of video timing and manage HDCP operation (MAX9293B). A GPO output supports touch-screen controller interrupt requests from the remote end of the link. For use with longer cables, the serializers have programmable pre/deemphasis. Programmable spread spectrum is available on the serial output. The serial output meets ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD standards. The core supply is 1.8V and 3.3V and the I/O supply is 1.7V to 3.6V. The devices are available in lead(Pb)-free, 56-pin, 8mm x 8mm TQFN and SWTQFN packages with exposed pad and 0.5mm lead pitch.
- HDMI 1.4a Input with Integrated Input Equalizer, DDC, and Input Termination
- Drives Low-Cost 50Ω Coax Cable and FAKRA Connectors or 100Ω STP Cable
- 104MHz High-Bandwidth Mode Supports 1920 x 720p/60Hz Display with 24-Bit Color
- Serializer Pre/Deemphasis Allows 15m Cable at Full Speed
- Up to 192kHz Sample Rate and 32-Bit Sample Depth for 7.1 Channel HD Audio
- Up to 3.12Gbps Serial-Bit Rate
- 25MHz to 104MHz Pixel Clock
- 9.6kbps to 1Mbps Control Channel in UART, Mixed UART/I²C, or I²C Mode with Clock-Stretch Capability
- Serial Output Programmable for 100mV to 500mV Single-Ended or 100mV to 400mV Differential
- Programmable Spread Spectrum Reduces EMI
- Tracks Spread Spectrum on Input
- High-Immunity Mode for Maximum Control-Channel Noise Rejection
- Built-In PRBS Generator for BER Testing of the Serial Link
- Programmable Choice of 9 Default Device Addresses
- Dedicated “Up/Down” GPO for Touch-Screen Interrupt and Other Uses
- Remote/Local Wake-Up from Sleep Mode
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature
- ±8kV Contact and ±15kV Air ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Protection
- High-Resolution Automotive Navigation
- Megapixel Camera Systems
- Rear-Seat Infotainment
|Part Number||Signal Type||Functions||Tx||Data Rates|
|See All High-Speed Interconnect (Differential Signaling) (125)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|