3.12Gbps GMSL Deserializers for Coax or STP Input and LVDS Output
Deserializers Enable Use of Coax Cables, Reducing Weight and Cost of Cabling in Automotive Infotainment
DescriptionThe MAX9278B/MAX9282B gigabit multimedia serial link (GMSL) deserializers receive data from a GMSL serializer over 50Ω coax or 100Ω shielded twisted-pair (STP) cable and output deserialized data on 3 of 4 data-lane LVDS outputs (oLDI).
The MAX9282B has HDCP content protection but otherwise is the same as the MAX9278B. The deserializers pair with any GMSL serializer capable of coax output. When programmed for STP input, they are backward compatible with any GMSL serializer.
The audio channel supports L-PCM I2S stereo and up to eight channels of L-PCM in TDM mode. Sample rates of 32kHz to 192kHz are supported with sample depth up to 32 bits.
The embedded control channel operates at 9.6kbps to 1Mbps in UART-to-UART and UART-to-I2C modes, and up to 1Mbps in I2C-to-I2C mode. Using the control channel, a µC can program serializer, deserializer, and peripheral device registers at any time, independent of video timing, and manage HDCP operation (MAX9282B). Two GPIO ports are included, allowing display power-up and switching of the backlight among other uses. A continuously sampled GPI input supports touch-screen controller interrupt requests in display applications.
For use with longer cables, the deserializers have a programmable cable equalizer. Programmable spread spectrum is available on the LVDS output. The serial input and LVDS output meet ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD standards. The core supply is 3.0V to 3.6V and the I/O supply is 1.7V to 3.6V.
The devices are in lead-free, 48-pin, 7mm × 7mm TQFN/SWTQFN packages with exposed pad and 0.5mm lead pitch.
- Ideal for High-Definition Video Applications
- 104MHz High-Bandwidth Mode Supports 1920 x 720p/60Hz Display with 24-Bit Color
- Works with Low-Cost 50Ω Coax Cable and FAKRA Connectors or 100Ω STP
- Equalization Allows 15m Cable at Full Speed
- Up to 192kHz Sample Rate and 32-Bit Sample Depth for 7.1 Channel HD Audio
- Audio Clock from Audio Source or Audio Sink
- Color Lookup Table for Gamma Correction
- CNTL[3:0] Control Outputs
- Multiple Data Rates for System Flexibility
- Up to 3.12Gbps Serial-Bit Rate
- 6.25MHz to 104MHz Pixel Clock
- 9.6kbps to 1Mbps Control Channel in UART, UART-to-UART, UART-to-I2C, or I2C-to-I2C Modes with Clock-Stretch Capability
- Reduces EMI and Shielding Requirements
- Programmable Spread Spectrum Reduces EMI
- Tracks Spread Spectrum on Input
- High-Immunity Mode for Maximum Control- Channel Noise Rejection
- Peripheral Features for System Power-Up and Verification
- Built-In PRBS Tester for BER Testing of the Serial Link
- Programmable Choice of Nine Default Device Addresses
- Two Dedicated GPIO Ports
- Dedicated “Up/Down” GPI for Touch-Screen Interrupt and Other Uses
- Remote/Local Wake-Up from Sleep Mode
- Meets Rigorous Automotive and Industrial Requirements
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature
- ±8kV Contact and ±15kV Air ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Protection
- High-Resolution Automotive Navigation
- Megapixel Camera Systems
- Rear-Seat Infotainment
|Part Number||Signal Type||Signal Type||Functions||Rx||Data Rates|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|