10-Bit Bus LVDS Serializers
DescriptionThe MAX9205/MAX9207 serializers transform 10-bit-wide parallel LVCMOS/LVTTL data into a serial high-speed bus low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS) data stream. The serializers typically pair with deserializers like the MAX9206/MAX9208, which receive the serial output and transform it back to 10-bit-wide parallel data.
The MAX9205/MAX9207 transmit serial data at speeds up to 400Mbps and 660Mbps, respectively, over PCB traces or twisted-pair cables. Since the clock is recovered from the serial data stream, clock-to-data and data-to-data skew that would be present with a parallel bus are eliminated.
The serializers require no external components and few control signals. The input data strobe edge is selected by TCLK_R/F. Active-low PWRDN is used to save power when the devices are not in use. Upon power-up, a synchronization mode is activated, which is controlled by two SYNC inputs, SYNC1 and SYNC2.
The MAX9205 can lock to a 16MHz to 40MHz system clock, while the MAX9207 can lock to a 40MHz to 66MHz system clock. The serializer output is held in high impedance until the device is fully locked to the local system clock, or when the device is in power-down mode.
Both the devices operate from a single +3.3V supply, are specified for operation from -40°C to +85°C, and are available in 28-pin SSOP packages.
- Standalone Serializer (vs. SerDes) Ideal for Unidirectional Links
- Framing Bits for Deserializer Resync Allow Hot Insertion Without System Interruption
- LVDS Serial Output Rated for Point-to-Point and Bus Applications
- Wide Reference Clock Input Range
- 16MHz to 40MHz (MAX9205)
- 40MHz to 66MHz (MAX9207)
- Low 140ps (pk-pk) Deterministic Jitter (MAX9207)
- Low 34mA Supply Current (MAX9205)
- 10-Bit Parallel LVCMOS/LVTTL Interface
- Up to 660Mbps Payload Data Rate (MAX9207)
- Programmable Active Edge on Input Latch
- Pin-Compatible Upgrades to DS92LV1021 and DS92LV1023
- Add/Drop Multiplexers
- Backplane and Interconnect Applications
- Cell Phone Base Stations
- Digital Cross-Connects
- Network Routers and Switches
|Part Number||Signal Type||Signal Type||Functions||Rx||Tx||Data Rates|
MAX9205EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX9205, MAX9206, MAX9207, MAX9208
Technical DocumentsTutorial 4993 Reduce the Chances of Human Error: Part 2, Super Amps and Filters for Analog Interface
App Note 4070 Transmitting I²S Audio Streams in Automotive Applications Using the MAX9205/MAX9206 LVDS SerDes
App Note 2023 LVDS Serializer-Deserializer Performance over Twisted Pair Cable
App Note 1856 Signal Integrity vs. Transmission Rate and Cable Length for LVDS Serializers
Tutorial 1058 LVDS Enables High-Speed Signal Distribution in 3G Base Stations
App Note 873 High-Speed Signal Distribution Using Low-Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS)
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|