Simplified Block Diagram
- Loop-powered 4mA–20mA Transmitter with PWM Inputs
- Robust Operation with Wide Range Of Input Voltages
- On-Board Microcontroller to Generate Two PWM Inputs and Provide Fault Diagnostic
- Supports HART and Fieldbus H1 Communication
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Reverse Voltage Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 Compatible Software
- Industrial Automation and Process Control
- Loop-powered 4-20mA Current Transmitter
- Remote Instrumentation
- Smart Sensors
The MAX12900 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX12900, loop-powered 4–20mA sensor transmitter. The EV kit includes an evaluation board and a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from a PC to the target device through a USB port.
The EV kit includes Windows® 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 compatible software for exercising the features of the IC. The EV kit GUI allows to set the Coarse and Fine PWM duty cycle inputs to the MAX12900 to control the 4-20mA loop current with ±1µA resolution.
The EV kit must be powered from an external +24V power supply and consumes less than 2.7mA.
The MAX12900 EV kit comes with a MAX12900ATJ+ installed in a 32-pin, 5 x 5mm TQFN-EP package.