10-Port SPI-Interfaced I/O Expander with Overvoltage and Hot-Insertion Protection
The MAX7317 serial-interfaced peripheral provides microprocessors with 10 I/O ports rated to 7V. Each port can be individually configured as either an opendrain output, or an overvoltage-protected Schmitt input.
The MAX7317 supports hot insertion. All port pins remain high impedance in power-down (V+ = 0V) with up to 8V asserted on them.
The MAX7317 is available in 16-pin thin QFN and QSOP packages and operates in the -40°C to +125°C range.
For a similar part with constant-current outputs and 8-bit PWM controls, refer to the MAX6966/MAX6967 data sheet.
- Industry-Standard 4-Wire Interface Simplifies I/O Ports Expansion Independent of Microprocessor Architecture
- High-Speed, 26MHz, SPI-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE®-Compatible Serial Interface
- 2.25V to 3.6V Operation
- Protection Circuitry Ensures Robust Operation
- I/O Port Inputs Are Overvoltage Protected to 7V
- I/O Port Outputs Are 7V-Rated Open Drain
- I/O Ports Support Hot Insertion
- Low Power Consumption and Small Package Reduce Board Size and Power-Supply Requirements
- 0.7µA (typ), 1.9µA (max) Standby Current
- 3mm x 3mm, 0.8mm High TQFN Package
- Cellular Phones
- Industrial Controllers
- Portable Equipment
- System Monitoring
- White Goods
|Part Number||Interface||I/O||Over Voltage Protection|
|MAX7317||Serial SPI 26Mbit||10||7||10||2.25||3.6|
|See All I/O Port Expanders (31)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
Technical DocumentsApp Note 4809 Designing Next-Generation Payment Terminals That Meet PCI PTS 3.x Requirements
App Note 2198 Driving LEDs with Open Drain Port Expander Outputs
App Note 1879 Using Maxim SPI-compatible Display Drivers with other SPI Peripherals
Quality and Environmental DataProduct Reliability Reports: MAX7317.pdf
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
|App Note||4809||Designing Next-Generation Payment Terminals That Meet PCI PTS 3.x Requirements|
|App Note||2198||Driving LEDs with Open Drain Port Expander Outputs|
|App Note||1879||Using Maxim SPI-compatible Display Drivers with other SPI Peripherals|