Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Industry-Standard 4-Wire Interface Simplifies I/O Ports Expansion Independent of Microprocessor Architecture
- High-Speed, 26MHz, SPI-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE®-Compatible Serial Interface
- 2.25V to 3.6V Operation
- Protection Circuitry Ensures Robust Operation
- I/O Port Inputs Are Overvoltage Protected to 7V
- I/O Port Outputs Are 7V-Rated Open Drain
- I/O Ports Support Hot Insertion
- Low Power Consumption and Small Package Reduce Board Size and Power-Supply Requirements
- 0.7µA (typ), 1.9µA (max) Standby Current
- 3mm x 3mm, 0.8mm High TQFN Package
- Cellular Phones
- Industrial Controllers
- Portable Equipment
- System Monitoring
- White Goods
The MAX7317 serial-interfaced peripheral provides microprocessors with 10 I/O ports rated to 7V. Each port can be individually configured as either an opendrain output, or an overvoltage-protected Schmitt input.
The MAX7317 supports hot insertion. All port pins remain high impedance in power-down (V+ = 0V) with up to 8V asserted on them.
The MAX7317 is available in 16-pin thin QFN and QSOP packages and operates in the -40°C to +125°C range.
For a similar part with constant-current outputs and 8-bit PWM controls, refer to the MAX6966/MAX6967 data sheet.