Evaluation Kit for the MAX3100
DescriptionThe MAX3100 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX3100 SPI™/MICROWIRE™-compatible universal asynchronous receiver transmitter (UART). The EV kit also includes Windows 2000/XP/Vista®-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the MAX3100.
The MAX3100 uses the SPI/MICROWIRE interface for communication with the on-board MAXQ2000 microcontroller (µC). The on-board DIP switches and momentary pushbutton switches are used to configure the MAX3100 internal registers.
The EV kit can be connected to a PC serial port directly or through a straight-through extension cable. The PC is a data terminal equipment (DTE) device and the EV kit is a data communications equipment (DCE) device.
After the EV kit and the PC serial port are configured properly, the PC can send characters to the MAX3100. The on-board MAXQ2000 µC reads the received data from the MAX3100 and displays the characters on the on-board seven-segment LED or sends back data to the PC.
Other switches, jumpers, and pads are provided to modify the board to the numerous configurations available for the MAX3100.
- SPI/MICROWIRE-Compatible µC Interface
- On-Board µC Provides Flexible Configuration Possibilities
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Lead-Free and RoHS-Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Handheld Instruments (PDAs, Palmtops)
- Intelligent Instruments
- Isolated RS-232/RS-485: Directly Drives Optocouplers
- Low-Cost IR Data Links for Computers/Peripherals
- Small Networks in HVAC or Building Control
- UART in SPI Systems
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|