Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +3.3V and +24V Power-Supply Operation
- On-Board IO-Link Master Transceivers (MAX14824)
- On-Board RS-485/RS-232 Multiprotocol Transceivers (MAX3160E)
- PCB Header for User-Supplied SPI- and I²C-Compatible Signals
- PCB Headers for UART Signals (J1)
- Evaluates the MAX14830 in a 48-Pin TQFN (7mm x 7mm) Package
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Airplane Communication Buses
- Automotive Infotainment Systems
- Industrial Control Systems
- IO-Link Master Controllers
- Medical Systems
- Point-of-Sales Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
Each of the four UARTs can interface with an IO-Link® master transceiver or an RS-485/RS-232 multiprotocol transceiver. The EV kit contains on-board IO-Link master transceivers, RS-485/RS-232 multiprotocol transceivers, and double-pole/double-throw (DPDT) switches are used to select between the IO link and RS-485/RS-232 transceivers.
The EV kit operates from a +3.3V and a +24V DC supply and requires 100mA of current from each supply. This EV kit requires a user-supplied SPI/I²C controller and software.
The EV kit comes with a MAX14830ETM+ installed.