Evaluation Kit for the MAX14830
DescriptionThe MAX14830 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX14830 quad-channel universal asynchronous receiver-transmitter (UART) IC. Each UART contains 128 words of receive and transmit first-in/first-out (FIFO) buffer that can be controlled through the SPI or I²C interface. Each of the four UARTs are selected through SPI or I²C in-band addressing.
Each of the four UARTs can interface with an IO-Link® master transceiver or an RS-485/RS-232 multiprotocol transceiver. The EV kit contains on-board IO-Link master transceivers, RS-485/RS-232 multiprotocol transceivers, and double-pole/double-throw (DPDT) switches are used to select between the IO link and RS-485/RS-232 transceivers.
The EV kit operates from a +3.3V and a +24V DC supply and requires 100mA of current from each supply. This EV kit requires a user-supplied SPI/I²C controller and software.
The EV kit comes with a MAX14830ETM+ installed.
- +3.3V and +24V Power-Supply Operation
- On-Board IO-Link Master Transceivers (MAX14824)
- On-Board RS-485/RS-232 Multiprotocol Transceivers (MAX3160E)
- PCB Header for User-Supplied SPI- and I²C-Compatible Signals
- PCB Headers for UART Signals (J1)
- Evaluates the MAX14830 in a 48-Pin TQFN (7mm x 7mm) Package
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Airplane Communication Buses
- Automotive Infotainment Systems
- Industrial Control Systems
- IO-Link Master Controllers
- Medical Systems
- Point-of-Sales Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|