Wired Remote Controller
DescriptionThe MAX11041 wired remote controller converts up to 30 different pushbuttons into an I²C register. Together with low-cost pushbutton switches and 1% resistors, the MAX11041 is a total solution over a single-wire interface. A wired remote controller easily piggybacks to a standard 3.5mm headphone jack using a fourth contact or one of the audio signals.
To conserve battery life, the MAX11041 consumes only 5µA (typ) while reading keypresses in real time without microprocessor (µP) polling. The device sends the debounced keypress along with key duration to the application processor over the I²C interface. An 8-word FIFO buffer records up to four keypress events to allow plenty of time for the application processor to respond to the MAX11041.
The MAX11041 includes ±15kV ESD protection devices on the FORCE and SENSE inputs to ensure IEC 61000-4-2 compliance without any external ESD devices.
The MAX11041 is available in a 12-pin TQFN package. The device is specified over the extended temperature range (-40°C to +85°C).
- Detect Up to 30 Different Keys and Jack Insertion/Removal
- Works with Either 32Ω or 16Ω Headphones
- Adds Remote-Control Functionality to Devices Using a Simple Resistor and Switch Array
- Low-Power Operation Consuming a Supply Current of Only 5µA (typ)
- Works with Standard 2.5mm or 3.5mm 4-Pin Headphone Jacks
- Supports Hold Function to Lockout Keys
- 100kHz/400kHz I²C Interface
- Single 1.6V to 3.6V Supply Voltage Range
- ±15kV ESD Protection (IEC 61000-4-2)
- Digital Still Cameras
- Keyboard Encoder for Slider, Flip, and Other Cell Phones
- MP3, CD, DVD Players
- Multimedia Controls for Multimedia-Enabled Cell Phones
- Multimedia Desktop Speakers
- PDA Accessory Keyboards
- Portable Game Consoles
- Portable Media Players
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|