Smart Card Interface
Lowest Power, Completely Integrated Interface for SIM Cards and Microcontroller Smart Cards
DescriptionThe DS8313 smart card and SIM interface IC is a low-cost, analog front-end for a smart card reader designed for smart card applications that do not require the use of the auxiliary card I/O contacts C4 and C8 (AUX1 and AUX2). The DS8313 supports 5V, 3V, and 1.8V smart cards. The absence of a charge pump reduces active power consumption, and the DS8313 also supports an ultra-low-power 10nA stop mode.
The DS8313 is designed to interface between a system microcontroller and the smart card interface, providing all power supply, protection, and level shifting required for IC card applications.
The DS8314 is similar to the DS8313, but only uses one analog (smart card) power supply. Therefore, the device has reduced ability to provide power to smart cards, but it is still sufficient for many applications, allowing the DS8314 to drop into many TDA8024 sockets without hardware changes.
The DS8313L and DS8314L use a negative polarity-presence detect instead of the default positive-polarity detect. Both devices are available in a 28-pin SO package.
- Analog Interface and Level Shifting for IC Card Communication
- ±8kV (min) ESD (HBM) Protection on Card Interfaces
- Ultra-Low Stop-Mode Current, Less Than 10nA Typical
- Internal IC Card Supply-Voltage Generation
- 5.0V ±5%, 80mA (max)
- 3.0V ±8%, 65mA (max)
- 1.8V ±10%, 30mA (max)
- Automatic Card Activation and Deactivation Controlled by Dedicated Internal Sequencer
- I/O Lines from Host Directly Level Shifted for Smart Card Communication
- Flexible Card Clock Generation, Supporting External Crystal Frequency Divided by 1, 2, 4, or 8
- High-Current, Short-Circuit and High-Temperature Protection
- Low Active-Mode Current
- Access Control
- Automated Teller Machines
- Banking Applications
- Debit/Credit Payment Terminals
- Pay/Premium Television
- PIN Pads
- POS Terminals
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|