Smart Card Interface
Smart Card Interface Provides Robust Communication with Industry's Lowest Stop-Mode Current
DescriptionThe DS8113 smart card interface is a low-cost, analog front-end for a smart card reader, designed for all ISO 7816, EMV™, and GSM11-11 applications. The DS8113 supports 5V, 3V, and 1.8V smart cards. The DS8113 provides options for low active- and stop-mode power consumption, with as little as 10nA stop-mode current.
The DS8113 is designed to interface between a system microcontroller and the smart card interface, providing all power supply, ESD protection, and level shifting required for IC card applications.
An EMV Level 1 library (written for the MAXQ2000 microcontroller) and hardware reference design is available. Contact Maxim technical support at www.maximintegrated.com/support regarding requirements for other microcontroller platforms. An evaluation kit, DS8113-KIT, is available to aid in prototyping and evaluation.
- Analog Interface and Level Shifting for IC Card Communication
- 8kV (min) ESD (IEC) Protection on Card Interface
- Ultra-Low Stop-Mode Current, Less Than 10nA Typical
- Internal IC Card Supply-Voltage Generation:
- 5.0V ±5%, 80mA (max)
- 3.0V ±8%, 65mA (max)
- 1.8V ±10%, 30mA (max)
- Automatic Card Activation and Deactivation Controlled by Dedicated Internal Sequencer
- I/O Lines from Host Directly Level Shifted for Smart Card Communication
- Flexible Card Clock Generation, Supporting External Crystal Frequency Divided by 1, 2, 4, or 8
- High-Current, Short-Circuit and High-Temperature Protection
- Low Active-Mode Current
|Part Number||ISO-7816||Interface||Card Supply Voltage|
Technical DocumentsApp Note 4312 Getting Started with DeepCover Secure Microcontroller (MAXQ1850) EV KIT and the CrossWorks Compiler for the MAXQ30
App Note 4273 Getting Started with the DeepCover Secure Microcontroller (MAXQ1103) Evaluation Kit and the CrossWorks Compiler for the MAXQ30
App Note 4200 Getting Started with the DS8113 Smart-Card Analog Interface Evaluation Kit
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|