Automotive Grade Multiprotocol Dual Smart Card Interface
Smart Card Power Supply and Communication for Two Physically Separate Interfaces with Extended Operating Temperature
DescriptionThe DS8007A multiprotocol dual smart card interface is an automotive grade, low-cost, dual smart card reader interface supporting all ISO 7816, EMV™, and GSM11-11 requirements. Through its 8-bit parallel bus and dedicated address selects (AD3–AD0), the DS8007A can easily and directly connect to the nonmultiplexed byte-wide bus of a Maxim secure microcontroller. Optionally, the parallel bus can be multiplexed to allow direct access to the multiplexed bus of an 80C51-compatible microcontroller through MOVX memory addressing.
One integrated UART is multiplexed among the interfaces to allow high-speed automatic smart card processing with each card-possessing, independent, variable, baud-rate capability. The card interface is controlled by internal sequencers that support automatic activation and deactivation sequencing, handling all actions required for T = 0, T = 1, and synchronous protocols. Emergency deactivation is also supported in case of supply dropout. A third card is supported through the auxiliary I/O. The same set of I/O can optionally be used as additional serial interface for the UART.
The DS8007A provides all electrical signals necessary to interface with two smart cards. The integrated voltage converter ensures full cross-compatibility between 1.8V/3V/5V cards and a 1.8V/3V/5V environment, and allows operation within a 2.7V to 6V supply voltage range. The standard DS8007 revision is available for nonautomotive applications.
- Complete Interface/Control for Two Separate Smart Card Devices
- 8kV (min) ESD Protection on Card Interfaces
- Internal IC Card Supply Voltage Generation
- 5.0V ±5%, 65mA (max)
- 3.0V ±8%, 50mA (max)
- 1.8V ±10%, 30mA (max)
- Automatic Card Activation, Deactivation, and Data Communication Controlled by Dedicated Internal Sequencer
- Host Interface Through an 8-Bit Parallel Bus (User-Selectable Multiplexed or Nonmultiplexed Modes)
- Chip Select and Three-State Bus Allow Multiple Devices (Card Readers and Memories) on Bus
- 8-Character Receive FIFO with Optional Programmable Depth/Threshold
- I/O Interface Pin to External ISO 7816 UART
- Separate Card Clock Generation (Up to 10MHz) with 2x Frequency Doubling
- Selectable Card Clock Stop High, Stop Low, or Internally Generated 1.25MHz (for Card Power-Down)
- EMV-Certified Reference Design and Evaluation Kit Available (DS8007-KIT)
- Access Control
- Banking Applications (Point-of-Sale Terminals, Debit/Credit Payment Terminals, PIN Pads, Automated Teller Machines)
- Pay Television
|Part Number||ISO-7816||Interface||Card Supply Voltage|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|