- Provides a synchronous interface to Dallas Semiconductor 1-Wire devices
- Compatible with low power parallel ports
- Can be cascaded with other DS1481's
- Allows print spooler and other processes to run during 1-Wire I/O
- Provides high-speed communcation with overdrive capable devices
- Space saving 14-pin (150mil), SO package
The DS1481 is a bridge chip that enables communication between a parallel interface and a 1-Wire® bus. It supports regular and overdrive 1-Wire communication speeds and derives 1-Wire timing from an internal timing generator. No external components are needed to support the timing generator. While the device is often used in conjunction with a personal computer parallel port controller, it can also be configured to operate with the parallel interface of a microcontroller. DS1481 devices can also be cascaded to support multi-master configurations.