73S8014RRN/RT Demo Board
DescriptionThe TERIDIAN Semiconductor Corporation (TSC) 73S8014R/RN/RT Demo Board is a platform for evaluating the TERIDIAN 73S8014R/RN/RT smart card interface ICs. It incorporates either the 73S8014R, the 73S8014RN or the 73S8014RT integrated circuit, and it has been designed to operate either as a standalone platform (to be used in conjunction with an external microcontroller) or as a daughter card to be used in conjunction with the 73S12xxF evaluation platform. The three parts differ only slightly with regard to the control signals and the control function. These differences involve the VCC and the clock divider control signals. The 73S8014R and 73S8014RN use the active-low CMDVCC and 5V/active-low 3V control signals to generate VCC (smart card supply voltage) at either 3V or 5V. The 73S8014RT redefines the active-low CMDVCC pin as active-low CMDVCC5 and 5V/active-low 3V as active-low CMDVCC3. These redefined signals allow the selection of 5V, 3V and 1.8V for VCC. See the applicable data sheet for further detail. The 73S8014R uses the clock divider signals CLKDIV1 and CLKDIV2 to select between a divide by 1, 2, 4 and 8 for the smart card CLK output. The 73S8014RN and 73S8014RT have been redefined to select between divide by 1, 2, 4 and 6 to support NDS applications.
The board has been designed to comply with the NDS specification.
- Daughterboard layout allows for host board drop in using two 10-pin headers
- Full (credit card) and SIM form factor smart card connectors included
- Card and host interface pins brought out to headers for debugging
- Included board schematics and layout plots provide a convenient reference design
- 8014Rx Demo Board
- 8014Rx Demo Board Users Guide
- General-Purpose Smart Card Readers
- Pay per View
- Set-Top Box Conditional Access Applications
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|