Spare connector pins between the host system and accessory are typically limited. Consequently, it is a genuine challenge to add authentication and usage monitoring without increasing connector complexity and cost. The 1-Wire® product line not only solves these host/accessory connectivity challenges, but also enables implementation with a single, dedicated connector contact.
The unique 1-Wire contact package allows the 1-Wire device to attach easily to nonelectronic peripherals, such as medical sensors and reagent bottles, and can be mounted with snap-fit or adhesive into a recessed area. Authentication and monitoring are thus accomplished with a single, dedicated 1-Wire connector contact, which reduces connector complexity and cost.
- Automatically calibrates sensors or consumables
- Limits usage of sensor or consumable that should only be safely used a certain number of times
- Securely tracks remaining usage
- Prevents counterfeiting which ensures that quality, genuine OEM products are used
- Gamma radiation resistant memory available