Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Demonstrates the Features of the DS28E80 IC
- 1-Wire USB Adapter Creates a Virtual COM Port on Any PC
- Fully Compliant with USB 2.0 Specification
- Standard USB Cable Interface
- Software Runs on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP Operating Systems (32-Bit and 64-Bit Versions)
- 3.3V ±3% 1-Wire Operating Voltage
- Convenient On-Board Test Points and TO-92 Socket
- Standard RJ11 Connector Interfaces to DS9120 Socket Boards
- Evaluation Software Available Upon Request
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Identification and Calibration Medical Tools/Accessories
- Identification of Medical Consumables
The DS28E80 evaluation system (EV system) consists of a single evaluation kit (EV kit) that includes a package of five DS28E80 devices in a 6-pin TDFN package, a DS9120Q+ socket board with RJ11 cable, and a DS9481R-3C7+ USB-to-1-Wire®/iButton® adapter with USB cable for PC connectivity. This EV system provides the special hardware and software system to exercise the features of the DS28E80. The evaluation software runs under Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, and Windows XP® operating systems (32-bit and 64-bit versions). It provides a handy user interface to exercise the DS28E80 features.
The DS28E80 is a user-programmable nonvolatile memory chip. In contrast to the floating-gate storage cells, the DS28E80 employs a storage-cell technology that is gamma radiation resistant. The DS28E80 has 248 bytes of user memory, organized in blocks of 8 bytes. Individual blocks can be write-protected. Each memory block can be written eight times. The DS28E80 communicates over the single-contact 1-Wire bus at standard speed or overdrive speed. Each device has its own guaranteed unique 64-bit registration number factory programmed into the chip. The communication follows the 1-Wire protocol with a 64-bit registration number acting as node address in the case of a multiple-device 1-Wire network.