Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- HF Interface at 13.56MHz
- User EEPROM Authenticated Memory Page Read/Write Transactions
- User EEPROM Page/Block Read/Write Transactions
- Secure Transaction that Writes “Secret Keys” and Computes Message Authentication Code
- Access Control
- Asset Tracking
- Medical Sensor Authentication and Calibration
- Printer Cartridge Configuration and Monitoring
- System Intellectual Property Protection
The MAX66240 evaluation kit (EV kit) reference board is a ready-to-use PCB that showcases one of Maxim’s MAX662xx family of secure HF ICs. The board is built with a hexagonal-shaped antenna construction (see the EV Kit Photo and Figure 3 in the full data sheet) tuned to 13.56MHz.
The EV kit is a platform that allows designers, test, and systems engineers to evaluate our MAX66240 tag solution. The EV kit allows users to evaluate the performance and capabilities of certain key features of the part and is a great platform to get started on a new NFC/RFID tag design.