Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Complete EV System:
- Five DS28EL15 ICs in TDFN-EP Package
- One USB-to-I2C Module (DS9400#) Provides PC Connection
- DS2465 EV Board Provides 1-Wire Interface and SHA-256 Coprocessor
- One EV Board (DS9120Q+) with TDFN-EP Socket Provides Easy Chip Evaluation
- USB-to-I2C Module Contains Prolific PL-2303HXD USB-to-UART Chip
- Enumerates as a Virtual PC COM Port
- Windows Certified Logo USB Device Driver Available
- Standard USB Cable Interface
- I2C Host Interface Supports 400kHz I2C Communication Speeds
- EV Board Contains Convenient On-Board Test Points
- Evaluation Software Will Be Provided Along with Full Evaluation Kit Data Sheet
The DS28EL15 evaluation system (EV system) provides the hardware and software necessary to evaluate and program the DS28EL15 DeepCover® Secure Authenticator. EV system operation requires a host PC for user-friendly evaluation.Our Secure Drug Delivery video shows how Maxim security products can be used to authenticate remote drug delivery.
This evaluation system includes a DS9400 USB-to-I2C PC adapter, a DS2465 EV board, a DS9120Q+ evaluation socket board for a TDFN DS28EL15, and five DS28EL15 sample devices in a TDFN package. The EV software runs on Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, and Windows XP® operating systems. Detailed instructions for downloading and installing software, as well as general EV system operation are included in the EV system data sheet; software and documentation are available at the link above.
Note: The DS2465 EV board and DS9400# subcomponents are not available for direct sale outside of evaluation systems. A data sheet specific to DS9400# is not available.