Evaluation Kit for the MAX5880
The MAX5880 evaluation kit (EV kit) contains the MAX5880 high-density downstream cable QAM modulator and digital upconverter (DUC). It is a fully assembled and tested PCB that contains all the components necessary for evaluating the DUC IC configured for up to 128 DOCSIS-compliant 6MHz QAM channels (or 96 EuroDOCSIS-compliant 8MHz QAM channels).
The EV kit provides two QSH Samtec connectors to interface to the high-speed data converter evaluation platform (HSDCEP), for driving the device's four multiplexed input ports and various control signals. Two QTH Samtec connectors are also provided to drive RF digital-to-analog converter (RF-DAC) EV kits, such as the MAX5882 EV kit and the MAX5879A EV kit.
The EV kit includes Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible software that provide a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for configuration of the device registers, control of SPI interface, and for operation of the HSDCEP board (not compatible with Windows 7).
The EV kit and Maxim's direct RF-DAC EV kits provide a complete system solution for high-density QAM modulation with very low power dissipation.
- Evaluates the MAX5880 Up to 128 QAM Channels
- Single 5.5V Input-Voltage Supply
- Maximum 5Gsps Update Rate
- Direct Interface with Maxim HSDCEP Data Source Board Using QSH Connectors (Order HSDCEP)
- Direct Interface with MAX5882 or MAX5879A EV Kits
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software for SPI/I²C Interfaces
- On-Board SPI Interface Control for MAX5880
- On-Board I²C Interface Control for MAX6642 Temperature Sensor
- GUI Controls for HSDCEP Operation
- Pseudorandom Bit Sequence (PRBS) Test Pattern Files
- Proven 14-Layer PCB Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Edge QAM, CMTS, and CCAP
- QAM Modulators for Video Distribution
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm