Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Evaluates the MAX5855 RF DAC Performance, Capability, and Feature Set
- Single 3.3V Input Voltage Supply
- Direct Interface with Xilinx VC707 Data Source Board
- Windows 7/10-compatible Software
- Optional On-Board SPI Interface Control for the MAX5855
- On-Board SMBus™ Interface Control for the MAX6654 Temperature Sensor
- Integrated GUI Controls for VC707 Operation
- Proven 10-Layer PCB Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Digital Video Broadcast Modulators
- DOCSIS 3.1/3.0 Remote PHY and CCAP
- Ethernet PON over Coax (EPoC)
- Point-to-Point Wireless
The MAX5855 evaluation kit (EV kit) contains a single MAX5855 wideband interpolating and modulating RF digital-to-analog converter (DAC) which can directly synthesize 1GHz of instantaneous bandwidth from DC to frequencies greater than 2.3GHz. The MAX5855 EV kit provides a complete system for evaluating MAX5855 performance as well as developing a FPGA plus DAC transmitter solution.
The MAX5855 accepts input data through a five-lane JESD204B serializer/deserializer (SerDes) interface at 9.8304Gbps that is Subclass-0 compliant. The MAX5855 EV kit connects to one FMC connector on the Xilinx VC707 evaluation kit, allowing the VC707 to communicate with the MAX5855’s JESD204B serial link interface.
The evaluation kit includes Windows® 7/10-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for configuration of all the MAX5855 registers through the SPI interface, control of the VC707 FPGA and temperature monitoring.