Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Evaluates the MAX4146x Family of Sub-1GHz ISM Transmitters
- Single Input Voltage Supply from 1.8V to 3.6V
- Direct Interface with a MAX32630FTHR ARM Microcontroller (MCU) Board
- Available Pmod Hardware Interface
- Windows 7/10-compatible Software
- On-Board SPI Interface Control for the MAX41460 and optional I2C Control for the MAX41461–MAX41464
- GUI Controls for MAX32630FTHR Board PMIC Operation from 1.8V to 3.3V
- Proven 2-Layer PCB Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)
- Building Automation and Security
- Garage Door Openers (GDO)
- Internet of Things (IoT) Sensor Networks
- Radio Control Toys
- Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
The MAX4146x evaluation kit (EV kit) contains a single MAX4146x high output power VHF/UHF sub-GHz ISM/SRD transmitter, designed to transmit Frequency-Shift Keying (FSK), Gaussian GFSK or Amplitude-Shift Keying (ASK) data in the 286MHz to 960MHz frequency range.
The MAX41460 and the MAX41461–MAX41464 evaluation kits operate in conjunction with an external microcontroller (MCU) and Graphical User Interface (GUI) software running on a computer. The MAX41460 uses an SPI interface for internal register configurations while the MAX41461–MAX41464 can use the preset modes or an I2C interface for register programming and control.
The MAX41461, MAX41462, MAX41463, and MAX41464 evaluation kits are also designed to operate with a simple, one-pin data interface, alleviating the need to program the part for nominal operation, or other high-level system (PC with GUI software) having to configure the transmitter for operation. These parts allow the user to preset the operating frequencies by part selection and pin configurations. On the evaluation kit, selecting the frequency of operation is as simple as setting two jumpers.
The EV kit includes Windows® 7/10-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for configuration of all the MAX4146x registers through the SPI or I2C ports. The GUI also controls the onboard PMIC and can act as a data generator, when the MAX32630FTHR Applications Platform is used.
These evaluation kits have not been FCC or ETSI certified and are not intended for radiated testing.