Complete Single-Conversion Television Tuner
3.3V, Single-Conversion Tuner Is Fully A/74 Compliant
DescriptionThe MAX3540 complete single-conversion television tuner is designed for use in analog/digital terrestrial applications and digital set-top boxes. This television tuner draws only 760mW of power from a +3.3V supply voltage.
The MAX3540 is designed to convert NTSC or ATSC signals in the 54MHz to 860MHz band to a 44MHz intermediate frequency (IF).
The MAX3540 includes a variable-gain low-noise amplifier (LNA), multiband tracking filters, a harmonic-rejection mixer, a low-noise IF amplifier, an IF power detector, and a variable-gain IF amplifier. The MAX3540 also includes fully monolithic VCOs and tank circuits as well as a complete frequency synthesizer. This highly integrated design allows for low-power tuner-on-board applications without the cost and power-dissipation issues of dual-conversion tuner solutions.
The MAX3540 is specified for operation in the 0°C to +85°C temperature range and is available in a leadless 48-pin flip-chip (fcLGA) package.
- Low Power Consumption: 760mW (typ) from a +3.3V Supply Voltage
- Integrated Tracking Filters
- ATSC A/74 Compliant
- 40dB Adjacent Channel Protection Ratio (ACPR)
- 4.4dB (typ) Low Noise Figure
- Small, 7mm x 7mm, fcLGA Leadless Package
- 256-QAM-Compatible Phase-Noise Performance
- IF Overload Detector Controls RF Variable-Gain Amplifier
- 2-Wire I²C-Compatible Serial Control Interface
- Analog/Digital Terrestrial Receivers
- Cable Modems
- Digital Set-Top Boxes
- VOIP Gateways
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm