Universal GNSS Receiver
High-Performance, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou RF Receiver
DescriptionThe MAX2769C is a next-generation Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver covering L1/E1, B1, G1 bands for GPS, Galileo, BeiDou, and GLONASS satellite systems on a single chip. This single-conversion GNSS receiver is designed to provide high performance for industrial and wide range of consumer applications, including mobile handsets.
Designed on Maxim’s advanced, low-power SiGe BiCMOS process technology, the MAX2769C offers the highest performance and integration at a low cost. Incorporated on the chip is the complete receiver chain, including a dual-input LNA and mixer, followed by the image-rejection filter, Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA) and a multibit ADC. The total cascaded noise figure of this receiver is as low as 1.4dB. In addition, the device includes an integrated VCO, a crystal oscillator, a fractional-N frequency synthesizer to program the LO frequency using different reference frequencies.
The MAX2769C has the option to select one of the two LNAs for seperate Active and Passive Antenna inputs. LNA1 can be used with Passive Antenna input and LNA2 can be used for Active antenna input. Also, the MAX2769C completely eliminates the need for external IF filters by implementing on-chip monolithic filters and requires only a few external components to form a complete low-cost GPS RF receiver solution. Moreover, the device has the flexibility to configure the IF filter for various center frequencies and bandwidths using the SPI Interface.
The device is the most flexible receiver on the market. The integrated delta-sigma fractional-N frequency synthesizer allows programming of the IF frequency within a ±30Hz (When fXTAL ≤ 32MHz) accuracy while operating with any reference or crystal frequencies that are available in the host system.
The ADC outputs CMOS logic levels with 1 or 2 quantized bits for both I and Q channels, or up to 3 quantized bits for the I channel. I and Q analog outputs are also available which will bypass the on-chip ADCs.
The MAX2769C is packaged in a 5mm x 5mm, 28-pin thin QFN package with an exposed paddle.
- GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/BeiDou Systems
- Dual-Input Selectable LNA for Separate Passive and Active Antenna Inputs
- 1.4dB Cascaded Noise Figure and 110dB of Cascaded Gain with Gain Control Range of 59dB From PGA
- Integrated Active Antenna Sensor
- Fractional-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- No External IF SAW or Discrete Filters Required
- Programmable IF Frequency
- Programmable 2.5MHz, 4.2MHz, 9.66MHz IF Bandwidth and 9MHz ZIF LPF BW
- 8 Preconfigured Device States When No SPI Available
- 40pF Output Clock Drive Capability
- 28-Pin Thin QFN Package (5mm x 5mm)
- Available in AEC-Q100 Automotive-Qualified Version MAX2769B>
- Digital Still Cameras and Camcorders
- In-Vehicle Navigation Systems
- Laptops and Netbooks
- Location-Enabled Mobile Handsets
- Navigation Systems, Marine/Avionics Navigation
- PNDs (Personal Navigation Devices)
- Software GPS
- Telematics (Asset Tracking, Inventory Management)
MAX2769CEVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX2769C
Technical DocumentsApp Note 6616 How to Configure the MAX2769C ADC Registers for DSP Interface Mode
User Guide 6444 MAX2769/MAX2769C PLL Loop Filter Calculator User Guide
User Guide 6379 MAX2769C- FCEN Configuration
Tools & Models
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm
|App Note||6616||How to Configure the MAX2769C ADC Registers for DSP Interface Mode|
|User Guide||6444||MAX2769/MAX2769C PLL Loop Filter Calculator User Guide|
|User Guide||6379||MAX2769C- FCEN Configuration|