Universal GPS Receiver
High-Performance, Automotive Grade GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Compass RF Receiver
DescriptionThe MAX2769B is a next-generation Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver covering GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Compass navigation satellite systems on a single chip. This single-conversion GNSS receiver is designed to provide high performance for industrial and automotive applications.
Designed on Maxim's advanced, low-power SiGe BiCMOS process technology, the MAX2769B offers the highest performance and integration at a low cost. Incorporated on the chip is the complete receiver chain, including a dual-input LNA and mixer, followed by the image-rejected filter, PGA, VCO, fractional-N frequency synthesizer, crystal oscillator, and a multibit ADC. The total cascaded noise figure of this receiver is as low as 1.4dB.
The MAX2769B completely eliminates the need for external IF filters by implementing on-chip monolithic filters and requires only a few external components to form a complete low-cost GPS RF receiver solution.
The MAX2769B is the most flexible receiver on the market. The integrated delta-sigma fractional-N frequency synthesizer allows programming of the IF frequency within a ±30Hz (fXTAL = 32MHz) accuracy while operating with any reference or crystal frequencies that are available in the host system. The ADC outputs CMOS logic levels with 1 or 2 quantized bits for both I and Q channels, or up to 3 quantized bits for the I channel. I and Q analog outputs are also available.
The MAX2769B is packaged in a 5mm x 5mm, 28-pin thin QFN package with an exposed paddle.
- AEC-Q100 Automotive Qualified
- GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/Compass Systems
- 40pF Output Clock Drive Capability
- No External IF SAW or Discrete Filters Required
- Programmable IF Frequency
- Fractional-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO Supports Wide Range of Reference Frequencies
- Dual-Input Uncommitted LNA for Separate Passive and Active Antenna Inputs
- 1.4dB Cascade Noise Figure
- Integrated Crystal Oscillator
- Integrated Active Antenna Sensor
- 2.7V to 3.3V Supply Voltage
- Small, 28-Pin, RoHS-Compliant, Thin QFN Lead-Free Package (5mm x 5mm)
- Automotive Navigation Systems
- Laptops and Netbooks
- Location-Enabled Mobile Handsets
- Marine/Avionics Navigation
- PNDs (Personal Navigation Devices)
- Software GPS
- Telematics (Asset Tracking, Inventory Management)
Technical DocumentsApp Note 6616 How to Configure the MAX2769C ADC Registers for DSP Interface Mode
Tutorial 5100 General Layout Guidelines for RF and Mixed-Signal PCBs
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Low Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Long Range with High Sensitivity
- Low Power Consumption